Master anglers vs 1900v/2000v

Stonehenge

2 hours ago, Stonehenge said:

I have had a 1900v and 2000v.  Sold those and was wondering... looking at pictures of master anglers the hulls appear the same just top side looks different.  Is that true?  Meaning same deadrise and hull on the bottom side just a flats boat layout from above?

They may have similar profiles/lines when you look at them from the side, but they are different hulls.  The biggest difference is the beam.  The 17 and 18 Master Anglers have a 7' 6" beam and the 21 Master Angler has an 8' beam.  The Pathfinder 1900v and 2000v both have an 8' 6" beam, which is on the high side for their length IMHO, and requires more use of trim tabs to smooth out the ride and control porpoising.  On the other hand, the Master Angler 17, 18 and 21 are better proportioned in the "LOA to beam" ratio, which accounts for the superior ride they are known for.  The Master Angler 21 also has a pad on the keel which adds even more lift, performance and stability to the mix.  Just my admittedly biased opinion.  😉

• Like 3

15 hours ago, hurricane said:

Along with all of the above, the 17 and 18 MA's have a much sharper bow entry. You find they ride much better than the 1900 and the 2000.

My 17MA classic hull, 1995 can run with any of the big boyz in a good chop.....tabs down and grinding through the chop....cuts da chop like buddddaaaaa.

dc

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...