Battery suggestions

dotschaser

Needing to replace troll motor and starting batteries in the hpx 18 maverick.  Would like to go with as light of battery as I can for the money but don’t want to sacrifice performance / output time of the battery.  Looking for Suggestions on what others may have.   Current set up is 3 batteries. 1 dedicated starting and 2 for troll motor.  Thanks

I've been using Odyssey PC1200's. for the past 6 months on my 17HPXV. 1 for starting and 2 for the trolling motor. They're doing great so far. Also, the 3 of them fit inside the center console of the boat, which is a big plus for me. (I previously used Optima's, which were awesome, but I could only fit 2 in the console).

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 8:31 AM, dotschaser said:

Needing to replace troll motor and starting batteries in the hpx 18 maverick.  Would like to go with as light of battery as I can for the money but don’t want to sacrifice performance / output time of the battery.  Looking for Suggestions on what others may have.   Current set up is 3 batteries. 1 dedicated starting and 2 for troll motor.  Thanks

What year and motor size will be useful....if you are running a 90 two stroke or similar, even up to 115 in some cases,  you can get by with much less CCA's and go with almost a motorcycle battery as you'd have the 1/2/all switch for a jump....this assumes you are not running livewell all day or heavy power pole useage....in that case you could always come off the trollers as a house batter for this work load....just an idea if you are really trying to loose the battery weight.

dc

• 3 weeks later...