After

Ebony Mule

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paint job looks good at WOT or from two blocks away. I realized after this fiasco that as a painter I'm a helluva mechanic ;)

I think your smarter than the "average bear" when it comes to Yammmies :)

Cool color choice..........I'll look for her next time I'm over in EC .......I just will be sure to look for it during the day...as I'm sure I wont' be able to see it at night :)

dc

You know EM's boat is fast because you never see any posts showing his WOT speed......I would guess in between 70-80mph. Ebony Mule aka, LBK (Lake and Bay killer)

I'm waitng for blackmagic to slap that 200 on the back of his 16' bonefisher.....talked to him the other day, and the 200 is definitely a serious consideration.

You know EM's boat is fast because you never see any posts showing his WOT speed......I would guess in between 70-80mph. Ebony Mule aka, LBK (Lake and Bay killer)

I'm waitng for blackmagic to slap that 200 on the back of his 16' bonefisher.....talked to him the other day, and the 200 is definitely a serious consideration.

------Don't say "Lake and Bay killer" yet Capt. Steven P. Lamp out of Dream Catcher Charters is running well over 90MPH with a 300 on a Lake and Bay. He claims to have the fastest Flats boat in Florida. am also waiting to if Blackmagic's 16 Bone Fisher will float with a 200 hanging on the rear Joe R

my guess is it wouldn't be any faster than the 18 with a 200. plus there is a good chance the transom will give out at WOT. i don't think that one is a good idea. i saw a L&B in the keys with merc race motor on the back,didn't even have a hp rateing. when i asked the guy how fast it was he said,"depends on how brave you are". i'm sure once you cross the upper sixty's mark thats what it comes down to.

[color:purple]-----Don't say "Lake and Bay killer" yet Capt. Steven P. Lamp out of Dream Catcher Charters is running well over 90MPH with a 300 on a Lake and Bay.[/color]

Good Point, as there are lots of L&B's out there, many with much less than 300hp, who are getting at least 75mph...

Either way, that's way too fast for me!

I think a lot people tend to think the Lake and Bays are faster than what they are. When your at WOT cranking along at 45mph with your 4 stroke, and a L&B p*** you at 65mph, you would swear the boat is doing 90. Theres not that many MHP products under 20' with high horse-power V6s, so the exposure is much less than the L&Bs

From what I've seen from the L&B's, the majority of 250HP rigs are topping out around 75mph. I would be willing to bet there is a big, nasty cleaver prop that would get Ebony's boat up around 80mph.......and would probably take 200' to get the boat on plane.

It looks like Steve Lamp traded his L&B in for a 24 Yellowfin......the cored hull might have split from the stress

No doubt the Lake and Bays are faster than mine. But they're still a lake and bay ;)
Ebony Mule I wasn't saying a thing against your boat .What I was doing was telling the guy that said "Lake and Bay killer " what the L&B's are running with 300's. I love your boat, you may want to try and spin a 28 OFX on that Rocket ship on yours.Lake and Bays are not as good of a flats boat fishing machine as the Hewes and Mavericks but they do have a fast pad bottom hull design. The Lake and Bays do hold 3 flats boat national speed records in the 200HP-225HP and 250 HP cl*** all set in Lake Placid Fl. by Mike Whitaker of Perfformance Marine the same guy that has a 85 MPH Sterling. What they have not done is won the last three RED Fish contest.Hewes and Mavericks don't claim to build race boats but they do build a heck of a flats boat. That's why a RedFisher is in my garage. Joe R

that's my guess and it's not even an educated guess. i do have a lot of experience tearing things up,which i seem to have a knack for. from my experience when you make one part of a system stronger to that degree,something has to give. i think the extra weight/power will eventually catch up with you.

I think a lot people tend to think the Lake and Bays are faster than what they are.

I agree w/ RedLap...L&Bs are fast, but I think there are a lot of 'fabled' tales on how fast certain boats might be. 75+ is very fast for any hull under 20'

the boat shown above is doing 80mph, I dont see the 50 extra ponies putting that boat above 90mph

1211421412-Project1.jpg.1a2068db5e631a4e

Dabear,It's a '94 tournament (like a bonefisher) I think a little beefier than the bayfisher......

Wayne, I hear you loud and clear! you are probably right,,,but if I'm gonna be bumb, I gotta be tough...There is (was) a guy w/ my same boat running an old 200 merc "black Max" back when my boat was new...seemed OK, was wicked fast..

you have to throw into the eqation that the boat pictured is running a stock pro xs and it's fully rigged. half a tank of fuel and a 36v trolling motor is quite a load to be pushing. i don't think it's that much of a stretch to hit in the 90's with some of the products that mercury racing put's out.

Archived