After

Ebony Mule

No doubt the Lake and Bays are faster than mine. But they're still a lake and bay ;)
Ebony Mule I wasn't saying a thing against your boat .What I was doing was telling the guy that said "Lake and Bay killer " what the L&B's are running with 300's. I love your boat, you may want to try and spin a 28 OFX on that Rocket ship on yours.Lake and Bays are not as good of a flats boat fishing machine as the Hewes and Mavericks but they do have a fast pad bottom hull design. The Lake and Bays do hold 3 flats boat national speed records in the 200HP-225HP and 250 HP cl*** all set in Lake Placid Fl. by Mike Whitaker of Perfformance Marine the same guy that has a 85 MPH Sterling. What they have not done is won the last three RED Fish contest.Hewes and Mavericks don't claim to build race boats but they do build a heck of a flats boat. That's why a RedFisher is in my garage. Joe R

Dabear, I didn't think you were saying anything bad about my boat. And what i meant was yes I know a lot of lake and bays are faster than mine. But the couple of L&B's that i have been on were not nearly as comfortable for ME and i repeat ME to fish out of. I seldom run my boat WOT. Most of the time I run in the 35-40 MPH range and get about 4-5 MPG. Marcus has built me a OFX and I run it sometimes. I also have a Turbo that DHadley built me and a Yamaha prop. All do somethings better than the other. I saw that someone posted that they figured my boat takes 200 yards to plane. He was dead wrong. It planes in about 2 boat links

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw that someone posted that they figured my boat takes 200 yards to plane. He was dead wrong. It planes in about 2 boat links

No...what I meant was, if you were to put an extremely high pitched, top speed prop on (that would cause your boat to plane slowly) you could possibly get up around 80mph.

I have no doubt that your boat launches out of the water running your standard props.....I would guess it gets up shorter than 2 boat lengths, and probably pulls some impressive G's on take off!

Should I put a pad on my 16? Would not be to hard, a little gl*** work and I'm good to go.....6"-8" wide 2' long? tapered to a rounded point... I'm gonna get another beer and my sawzall.................................

Lets do it....I know a good fibergl*** guy-

• 2 weeks later...

Archived