17 hpx remodel

chad1616

• 2 weeks later...

not comfortable  with the friction hinges, alot of torque needed and thin fiberglass is popping and cracking on bench before hatch reinstall. picked up some aluminum stock to attempt to beef up and distribute the mounting area. Will know more tomorrow. Also working on rod tube trim rings . Found the 1" and awaiting some for test fit on the 1.5"  

So got the friction hinges installed- they are a nice upgrade , but wider so if you have a tight hatch now be ready grind some glass.this *** since I just got it back .  they were identical bolt pattern to my 2 smallest hatches but no the front and main rear hatch .pic attached of different hole alignment.i backed all bolts with aluminum .maverick had aluminum there originally but some pieces were missing . Boat outfitters offers no other bolt pattern for this size. Forward hatch is too heavy to use them on effectively unless in my case im putting it straight vertical and it holds well. fairly comfortable it will hold in decent wind as well and will be far superior to the standard catch wire that ends up slamming my head whenever im in that hatch .

Ditched the tie down for the front platform and thru bolted. My mav came with a fiberglass tub glassed  in the bilge . it has a small hole drilled in it to drain . I elected to mount power pole motor in it . Yes its a bilge and I question the longevity but all wiring is soldered and heat shrunk , I've rebedded almost every fitting, and hoping to have a dry bilge for the most part. it had a small amount of water before rehab project from live well drain but that has been replaced as well as entire rubrail section filled and sealed between hull and top cap.balanced center weight is more important then changing a pump motor in a couple years . Couple pics of console rewire, still need to build shelf on top of switches and over battery. All hatches have a single switched led courtesy light including bilge .No multicolor just functional bright white.lets see how many sideways pictures load this time. Hoping to have trailer this week and water test . I haven't run it since new motor installed. Just bolted up a 13.5x23 power tech prop. Found a Yamaha bulletin for my year hull with 2 stroke with top speed 58 if I can land at 55 im happy . also difficult task tracking down rod tube trim rings , have located the 1" tube still hunting a quality 1.5" .the current maverick offered ones only look like an outside surface ring vs a slide in portion 

42BF296B-9A94-4760-A0D1-0FEAF1CDBC92.jpeg

IMG_4703.jpeg

IMG_4702.jpeg

IMG_4706.jpeg

IMG_4704.jpeg

IMG_4705.jpeg

IMG_4708.jpeg

IMG_4701.jpeg

IMG_4699.jpeg

IMG_4695.jpeg

IMG_4694.jpeg

IMG_4590.jpeg

4 hours ago, all wet said:

Very nice work, but I gotta ask...……..what's the switch with the bent over woman, next to the ignition?  Bring me a beer light?

currently open , maybe underwater lighting in the future. I had an extra spot and wanted to balance out my trashy no fat chicks bilge switch on the left. Conveniently it says "this switch turns something on " I just don't know what yet lol

2 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

I love custom switches, got one coming just for the wifey. Nice work, looks amazing. Question about the friction hinges, I find they stick up higher then normal hinges and as a barefoot fishermen they don't work for me, but I love them. Does yours stick up higher than the deck?

Only on one hatch and I adjusted down. They're the same footprint hinge

So the stainless rod tube rings from Maverick are for a 2 inch pipe not a one and a half inch pipe so I have 14 of them if anybody needs them Before I send them back if I can send them back I’ll know more tomorrow Good old virus has pushed my trailer back but here are some pictures prior to the walk board being installed in the correct 2speed winch. 

FFC60F4A-E154-43B3-9423-9FE271472DB9.jpeg

25598D2B-6FFD-4C8A-972C-27BC459D514E.jpeg

D8D36D74-AFA7-412E-9E0A-6E36A0A23C9B.jpeg

So I’m finally picking my trailer up tomorrow- from my personal experience Ameritrail lacks attention to detail . they installed whatever wheels, jack and winch they felt like putting on even though I specifically chose a set . Sent pictures of the wheels from the website they said to choose from with part numbers and actual pictures of the trailer I wanted to have built .After correcting errors -it’s still two weeks past when I should have picked it up. Hopefully we’re past the confusion and i can actually use my boat finally. Of course it’s going to rain all weekend. 
  I went with V marine poly with metal bases, And platform push pole holder my steering wheel knob insert is still about a week and a half out. 
 For the inch and a half Rod tubes; definitely not my first choice ;but I found some desktop grommets that actually fit just inside of the Fiberglass cutout with a little bit of grinding. I’ll continue my search or pull the trigger and have a fabrication shop make some out of aluminum if I can’t find something I’m happy with. 

FED045BE-5C4D-4EC9-94EB-7225DAD60D2B.jpeg

74E26612-A4BE-4CCA-809D-1ABFD9125C18.jpeg

7339D554-B348-4FC1-95EE-5B6906229230.jpeg

302953DD-C942-4493-A440-6D3528AED99C.jpeg

1 hour ago, fin-addict said:

May I ask, why bolted the platform rather than keep using the turnbuckle. Prevent moving ? 😀🙏 fin

3 reasons 

1- never took the other one off 

2- every other boat ive had a cooler up there to stand on

3- they drilled only one hole in the new one prior to powdercoat -in the wrong spot so buckle was angled, in the heat glue was letting go and it was sliding off of seadek pads forward.  I didnt want an issue or failure in the future, especially that common afternoon storm across fl bay and it gets snotty. 

7D01AA88-F9A1-45D0-B3B3-AB247568055E.jpeg

19 hours ago, chad1616 said:

3 reasons 

1- never took the other one off 

2- every other boat ive had a cooler up there to stand on

3- they drilled only one hole in the new one prior to powdercoat -in the wrong spot so buckle was angled, in the heat glue was letting go and it was sliding off of seadek pads forward.  I didnt want an issue or failure in the future, especially that common afternoon storm across fl bay and it gets snotty. 

7D01AA88-F9A1-45D0-B3B3-AB247568055E.jpeg

Thank you, see what you mean.