My 1993 Hewes 18 Redfisher

rybodreams

[image]http://www.mbcforum.com/fbbuploads/med_1197733079-015.JPG[/image]

My pride and joy. Love this boat!!! Ive only had her for two years but already have so many memories on her. Inshore fishing, offshore fishing, fresh water fishing, scalloping, floundering, cruising, funnin at the island or taking a date to dinner this boat can do it all.

1197733079-015.JPG.38b27637c4d6a07a33290

Enourmous scallop bucket!!!

The platform was pretty much standard when I got it w/ the exceptions of a place for a pad so someone could stand infront of the motor and lean back. Also the platform was raised 12" to allow for the F115 that the gentelman I bought the boat from re-powered w/. I like being another foot off the water but it made it very unstable. After I got the boat and after several months of looking at it. I added the forward supports for 3 reasons.

1)I like to cobia fish in the spring and will have a removable belly rail this spring for cruising down the beach in the gulf looking for cobia. And It gave me a nice place to add a step to access the poling platform and It really made the platform solid feeling. You can see the step I added in the pic.

2)The wire stops for the hatches had done a lot of damage so I removed them when I bought the boat. I got tired real quick of the hatches opening all the way. The two forward supports work perfectly for when you open the hatches and stop them from opening all the way. (the two big compartments that you would sit on top of).

3) I was getting some spider cracks in the fibergl*** where the original mounts were. the two forward supports really stabilized the platform.

Everyone that sees my boat ask about the platform. I was worried that the forward supports would get in the way but I dont even notice them. they mount either side of the livewell and do not interfer with any hatches. And I love the step.

025-3.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

Archived