2020 2300 HPS Options

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new 2300 HPS build.  Is the center live well the only one that comes standard?  I see the option to make the large portside one into a release well; but, I thought one of those large tubs was already a release well.  Does anybody have a picture of the Bow/stern lifting hardware?  Also I see an option for Black helm seat trim.  Any idea what that is (pics)?  Also, are the Flush-mount gunnel rod holders just two extra holders?

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, BCPD199 said:

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new 2300 HPS build.  Is the center live well the only one that comes standard?  I see the option to make the large portside one into a release well; but, I thought one of those large tubs was already a release well.  Does anybody have a picture of the Bow/stern lifting hardware?  Also I see an option for Black helm seat trim.  Any idea what that is (pics)?  Also, are the Flush-mount gunnel rod holders just two extra holders?

Thanks in advance.

I have forwarded your inquiry to administration. MOD2

On 10/13/2019 at 9:02 AM, Moderator said:

Unless the person I sent it to isn't there tomorrow, he usually checks his messages first thing in the morning on Monday.  MOD2 

Any update?  I'd really like to see what the Bow/stern lifting hardware and the Black helm seat trim looks like.

Thanks!

On 10/19/2019 at 2:07 PM, SCFD rtrd. said:

BCPD199,

The standard rod holders in the gunnels are too far to the back of the boat to reach while standing in the floor. I had two additional rod holders installed close to where the gunnels connect to the rear deck. Works great.

Sounds like a good idea.  Pathfinder holders or somebody elses?   Also, did you get the optional "additional flush mount gunnel rod holders" for $195?

Sorry for the delay, been out of town fishing. The two additional flush mount gunnel rod holders have the Pathfinder trademark stamped on them. The only problem was that the factory guys could not figure how to install the additional gunnel mounted rod holders and the upper horizontal under-gunnel mounted rod holder. I guess it was because the PVC rod tube and the additional gunnel mounted rod holder have to occupy the same space under the rear deck.

Anyway, when it got the boat home, I rotated the factory installed, additional flush mounded gunnel rod holder slightly outboard, which allowed room for the upper PVC rod tube. I drilled a 2 3/8'' hole in the bulkhead and installed the upper PVC rod tube.  Now, I have two under gunnel rod holders and two flush mounted rod holders in the gunnel of the rear deck. Looking for a pic now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 2:07 PM, SCFD rtrd. said:

BCPD199,

The standard rod holders in the gunnels are too far to the back of the boat to reach while standing in the floor. I had two additional rod holders installed close to where the gunnels connect to the rear deck. Works great.

I added 4 more rod holders !!!!  Could use a few more at the bow...😎

• 3 years later...
On 11/4/2019 at 6:54 PM, OlivierHPS2300 said:

I added 4 more rod holders !!!!  Could use a few more at the bow...😎

Hello, I know this is an old post but is there anyway you could post some pics of the added flush mounts that you added? I just got a 2300 yesterday and I’m already wanting to add some flush mounts!

IMG_0104.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Squanto10 said:

Hello, I know this is an old post but is there anyway you could post some pics of the added flush mounts that you added? I just got a 2300 yesterday and I’m already wanting to add some flush mounts!

check under my posts...I added an additional 4 rod holders to each side....NOTE....you do loose the ability to store rods under the gunnels....

DC

• Thanks 1

If you look at some of my posted pics in the S/W fishing forum, you'll see some pics of the additional flush mounted rod holders in the rear deck. The trick is to install 15 degree rod holders and to rotate them just slightly so that the bottom of the rod holder (the part under the deck) does not strike the PVC pipe under the deck, that is part of the under gunnel rod storage. Like I said above, I have use of all four of my under gunnel rod storage and all four of my deck mounted rod holders. Hope this make since. If not let me know and I'll try again. 

Just looked at the pics I posted in the S/W fishing forum. The first post at the top of the page shows two good examples of the additional flush mounded rod holders. They can be easily reached while standing in the floor.  If you look very close, you'll see that the rod holders are rotated just slightly and that allows the hidden part of the rod holder to bi-pass the PVC pipe. So, you don't loose the function of the upper, under gunnel, horizontal rod holders. 

Also, look at "4th of July Redfish" in S/W Fishing. More good examples of location of additional rod holders. 

• Thanks 1