Anyone have this on their maverick

algi

This never bothered me before on any of my boats but after reading about water in bilge it has me stumped. It seems when ever i use my livewell after a day of fishing i pull drain plug and get water coming out. It has to be the livewell but i even had someone look in there while running and using the pump. Don't see any leaks at all.what i did notice is the fitting that flows into the well spins right or left. Is this normal? Where else to look?

Thanks

Which pipe are you referring to, the inlet from the pumps or where the stand pipe goes?

I had to seal the area between my livewell and cap because water would splash into my bilge. The fitting where you stand pipe goes should be sealed and not spinning, if I remeber correctly thag is a male fitting on the bottom so if it's loose, water is getting in your bilge. The inlets from the pumps may let a little water leak but I wouldn't think they were the major culprit, never hurts to tighten them and seal. I have a 17MA, so my setup may be a bit different then yours.

Make sure all your bulkheads are tight but the majority of the water is coming in between the livewell and the cap. Seal the top of the livewell where it meets the cap, that's how the water is getting in for sure. Use a small mirror and a flashlight to look inside the livewell and under the cap, I bet the gap is so big you can stick your finger in it. The good news is that it's a cheap and easy fix. Use a good quality silicone that will adhere to fibergl*** and your good to go. Seal it all the way around using a lot of silicone. Good luck!

fldxt

I am talking about the pipe that lets the water in.

It turns i guess to change directions of the water flow who knows. But it just turns.

Flats man

I looked at the top of the livewell. Put some caulking but it wasn't really bad. I will search again today.Will let u all know

Thanks

Well guys i checked everything.

the only place i see just a drip of water is from the input hose where it goes into the livewell. I don't think that can produce that much water. I ran the livewell at the lake and no leaks from anywhere.Next i gotta see while under way with someone else on the boat with me.

Thanks

Maybe i have a hole in the boat lolol

Same thread over in the Pathfinder section. As I said there, welcome to MBC boats..the water in bilge thread pops up every few weeks.

I wonder if the QC on new Pathfinder/Maverick takes care of making sure the cap is sealed around the livewell? You would think with enough complaints this would be taken care of. In reality could be real issue should something go wrong w/ Bilge on a long run w/ livewell full.

I catcher

So true about doing the long run thing. I took a hose to the top of the well and i didn't see any water leaking. Thats what i don't understand.It shouldn't go over the top anyway with a 4 inch pipe drain. With the price of these boats QC should be at its best.Guess not

Thanks

Going out in a bit will check again

Did you fill the livewell with the hose or just shoot water at the top? I suggest filling it to the overflow pipe and watching for overflow into the bilge. Before I sealed mine it would only overflow into my bilge when it was full and I throttled up, when the bow went up or in a rough chop it would flood the bilge and the bilge pump would kick on. When you looked at the top of the bilge where it meets the cap, was there any silicone there? There needs to be. Keep in mind that a full livewell weighs over 200 lbs, could be separating from the cap a bit when full of water and stressing from chop. Just a thought.

Flats man

Went out today with pie hole open.Used the 4 inch drain pipe for shrimp. Ran the pump no leaks. By the end of the day got about a gallon of water. Cant be coming from the top. Next step is changing the washer in drain plug and recauking.

I will let u know Monday.

Thanks

What about the water supply for the livewell? There's a pump, filter and shutoff valve, any leaks in that area when the pump is running? Close the valve in the livewell almost all the way and turn the pump on, this will create a little back pressure. Maybe the clear filter cap or threads on the supply line are leaking

Close your valves on the intake for the livewell and put the tallest stand pipe in, in your livewell, don't use it and run the boat normal. You need to start eliminating thing instead of guessing. I sealed everything in my livewell, the little inlet Porta spinning would probably not be the main culprit.

Sometimes, depending on how you launch, water can splash back into your splashewell, maybe getting some from that. I went around and sealed all my thru hulls, calm shells, etc..also check your shark eyes.

I believe the release well is similar to the livewell, shut it out and plug the two overflows and the bottom drain. Dry to keep as much water out now the Wells as possible to start eliminating possible culprits.

Archived