RECIPES FOR COOKING YOUR FISH!!

Thomas_Z

Joined this forum recently and still can't find anyone discussing recipes. Describe your favorite fish dishes signature recipes.  I'll start with mine

Products:
trout - 7-8 pcs.;
dry white wine - 300 ml;
fennel - is a must for me;
lemon juice - 100 ml;
spices, salt.
Wash the fish pieces under running water and clean it, grate the carcass with olive oil, salt and sprinkle with spices. Inside, put fennel - in its absence, you can use lemon wedges. Pour with white wine and marinate for an hour.
The fish should be laid out on the grill and fry, periodically sprinkling with lemon juice. 
And here you are)

Mytrout.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Mangrove Snapper Crunchwrap Tacos!

The greens: chopped romain lettuce, diced green onion, cilantro, chopped tomato (separate the watery parts - we're not making salsa here), mix thoroughly and squeeze in half a lime.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more to blend flavors.

Fresh made guacamole, three cheese mexican blend, sour cream.

Prepare the fish by wetting in olive oil and put a light dusting of taco seasoning on them - fry in pan, flip, fry again.  Salt to taste (mine needed just a dash of salt as I used very little taco seasoning).

toast tacos and flour tortillas.

spread guac on a flour tortilla, place cheese down the middle,  prepare a taco with fish, then greens.  Use sour cream to taste. Place taco inside flour tortilla and wrap using the guacamole as glue and devour.

49270454833_c5c7bb2a6a_z.jpg

49270922491_58de7ae864_z.jpg

49270454703_df69f877ef_z.jpg

49271119372_e914464fdc_z.jpg

• Like 2

Let me add something to bring those tacos to the next level.  Drizzle this sauce over it:

Your favorite Ranch dressing mixed to taste with:

Smoked Paprika (i go fairly liberal here)

Cumin

salt 

onion powder

garlic powder 

Smoked chipotle, ancho chil or your favorite kind of chili powder.   

pickle juice

Heavier on the cumin and smoked paprika, lighter on everything else.   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello All: this is a great topic. I have a question. My wife caught a 17 Lb black drum last week. We usually don’t keep them when they’re that big but it was the biggest fish she’d ever caught so we kept it. In any case, I filleted it and got several pounds of nice, clean fillets. I took some and blackened them on the grill using Paul Prudoums (sp?) seasoning. The fish tasted OK but it was (predictably?) not exactly tough but overly firm. Not exactly the texture I like in fish. So, my question is: does anyone have a good way/recipe for cooking overly firm fish? Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have a novel way of cooking my trout, reds, snapper, sheepshead, etc.   I didn’t invent this, by any means!

Especially after a long day, get home, clean fish, clean/cover the boat, check my gear, etc etc.

For this recipe, I use fillets exclusively.

I preheat my small convection oven 425 degrees. 

I use a small baking tray. Get a suitable amount of aluminum foil to line and enough to create a closed aluminum pouch.

Place fillets in the foil, a couple of tablespoons of cooking wine, a couple of thin squares of butter laid on the fillets, capers, onions, lemon pepper powder seasoning (or your fav. Ie. Blackening powder).

Seal the pouch.  Place tray in oven @ 425 for :30 minutes.

Simple, basic, and really delicious.

F2DFB3F9-7471-4BAC-AE1E-F5A48D419493.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Red Fish and Rice;  Quick and easy

First,  cook some Zatarain's rice. Zatarain's make several types, so just pick the rice you like. I personally like their Black Beans and Rice. 

After you cook the rice, spread it in a baking pan. Doesn't make any difference how big or deep the pan is, as long as your fish filets will fit. 

Lay uncooked fish filets over rice. You can add whatever spices you prefer to the filets or add some vegetables like onion or peppers. 

Cook in oven, 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  

• 3 months later...