2020 Islamorada MOT

DblPly

Just an idea...  I got a copy of the MOT Scorecard from Elliott Reynolds...  For those of us that will be in Islamorada next week, is anyone interested in an “unofficial” tournament?  Friday and Saturday will be fishing days.  Same rules as always and maybe $20 per person, winner take all.  I can work up a spreadsheet and a process (we’ll keep it simple)...

WOOHOOOO...  4 days and a wake up!,,

Hi, everyone, Becky and I won't be in Islamorada this year. As someone else said it is too risky for us older (?) people. We've already had one family member get C-19. This is always a big time for us, and we will miss seeing everyone, catching fish, and enjoying the everglades and keys. We will return next year.  Hope to see some good pictures from everyone. See ya. Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Dino,

We had 18 boats & Families come down for the weekend. Like all areas, the Keys were impacted by the shut downs. Larry and Breezy Palms have been so good to us over the decades (!) so it was good to be able to support them.  It was windy and outflow from that Hurricane (Teddy) threw large ground seas. They made it hard to get offshore for Mahi.  We dove and got tails and a good Red Grouper..

Many boats went to Flamingo and past East Cape !  I saw a Cobia on the cleaning table that reportedly came from a wreck off the Shark River.  Scott Wilson caught a Snook that was his personal best for The Park. One owner put in a day trying to catch a Bonefish from his 22 PF W/ TTop. He figured the wind, tide and sun, and fished in the channels south of Twin Keys. Call him crazy but he had a Bonefish come in, and got shots at it till his angler spooked it.

Everybody was safe and stayed spread out. We still had the great fun that the Maverick Owner's Tournament are known for.

Maybe some of the other boats took some pics.

Marc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 9:50 PM, MWoods said:

Dino,

We had 18 boats & Families come down for the weekend. Like all areas, the Keys were impacted by the shut downs. Larry and Breezy Palms have been so good to us over the decades (!) so it was good to be able to support them.  It was windy and outflow from that Hurricane (Teddy) threw large ground seas. They made it hard to get offshore for Mahi.  We dove and got tails and a good Red Grouper..

Many boats went to Flamingo and past East Cape !  I saw a Cobia on the cleaning table that reportedly came from a wreck off the Shark River.  Scott Wilson caught a Snook that was his personal best for The Park. One owner put in a day trying to catch a Bonefish from his 22 PF W/ TTop. He figured the wind, tide and sun, and fished in the channels south of Twin Keys. Call him crazy but he had a Bonefish come in, and got shots at it till his angler spooked it.

Everybody was safe and stayed spread out. We still had the great fun that the Maverick Owner's Tournament are known for.

Maybe some of the other boats took some pics.

Marc

thanks for sharing....someday, the moons and stars will align and Ill be able to come down...

dc