Lowering trailer jack

mulligan

Has anyone had a trailer jack apart to know if there is something in there that can be modded to allow it to be lowered more?

Awhile ago I put a larger wheel on the jack so I could move the boat around better, thanks to the forum for that one it works great.  My problem is now it will not lower enough to secure to the ball.  I have to use a floor jack to lower it or flip my hitch around which sets off the backup sensors.  If there is a way to get inside to allow it to be lowered by about 2" that would be great or it is heading under the cutoff wheel and welder!

I had to get an adjustable hitch so that I could lift ball enough that the trailer wouldn’t drag when coming over the crest of my local ramp. So I had the same issue. I took a flat furniture dolly with some blocking. This allows me to jack the trailer up high in the garage to drain and get off trailer.  With the four wheels, I can easily push my 2200 by hand around my garage to hook up to truck. 

7D0DA305-DC1A-4AFE-A624-10BE09A1CCE8.jpeg

• Like 1