ENP question

Thanks, Dave. I have gone through the regs again, and I believe you are right. While not specifically prohibited, traps are not listed as approved. So I'll stick to the cast net. One important thing I did learn that I never knew - leave the 12' cast net at home. Nothing bigger than 10' allowed in the ENP.

Thanks Telltail, but to be safe Ill leave the trap at home. I rechecked the regs and still can only find the provision below on castnets. If limited to 8' max, they've hidden it well.

Prohibited Fishing Gear

Seines, nets, and lobster snares are prohibit-

ed. The use and possession of spears is pro-

hibited. The use of firearms is prohibited for

catching fish. Dip nets, cast nets (10’ or less)

and landing nets are allowed.

If you get on any of the gr*** flats in and around Flamingo you should be able to catch pin fish with a very small gold hook,very small split shot and very small piece of shirmp.Keep the line just above the turtle gr*** and keep casting out while drift but you may have to move around some.

Headed down to Choko with my daughter the week after Christmas for 3 days of fishing. Hoping to get her an inshore slam - fishing has to be better than my last trip down in August!

So the question: is it OK (legal) to put out a trap for pin fish for bait in the ENP?

Take the net...

Been a while, but, usually bait around the entrance of Indian Key.

Watch the tides....you have some negative lows after Christmas in the morning..

I'd be launching at the Rod and Gun and heading out this way....

I"ve been off the bite for a while....so, I"m a rusty hook on spots or action...too much work and since DonH sold his T, we've lost our Choko Mojo :)

Give me a shout on Pm with your cell and I"ll chat...

Everglades Bait across from Capt Table has pinfish and some nice shrimp...

Check my post on Engel Bait Cooler...great tool for pop'n cork and jig maniacs.

dc

Archived