No fishing for a while

flatsdoctor

6 hours ago, knotthereelworld said:

Wow. Just had a friend who runs an A/C business fall through a ceiling 13 feet to a tile floor. He broke his back. His X-rays look much like yours and has 18 month recovery. Luckily they say he should be able to fully recover but no more fishing for him for awhile. At least he has fly tying. Hope yours is not as long!

This is why I stopped being an A/C contractor at 37, I asked myself if I really wanted to do this when I was 50, the answer was no! Now I'm 50 and have a nice office job, a little heavier but still fully functional!

Get well soon Doc! 

9 hours ago, conocean said:

Whoa, Doc! Who did your surgery?

I was looking at major back surgery a few years ago but luckily was able to get away with intensive therapy. I wouldn't let anyone touch my back unless Dr. Harry Shufflebarger referred me to them! 

Young Neurosurgeon, that specializes in "complex spine surgeries", Dr Raul Vasquez Castellanos did it, Incredible team, 

Did it in 2 stages, 1st Monday 3rd went through the front and 2 days later did the posterolateral approach.

The hardware Is permanent and yes I'm already feeling better than before the surgery

GEEVIAN: that was Lee Majors !! (we are dating ourselves now.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flatsdoctor said:

GEEVIAN: that was Lee Majors !! (we are dating ourselves now.)

Right, Lee Majors!  Yes we are!  😉

On a more serious note... my brother-in-law had the same type surgery.  The surgery was a success.  However, he took the easy road and didn't complete the neccessary therapy and exercise routines afterward, but instead got hooked on Oxy.  Still is.  Heck, Rush Limbaugh did too, and had to check himself into rehab.  It could happen to anyone!  Be careful, get yourself well again, and get back to the important things - like fishing!!

today is 10 days since the first surgery, 8 since the last one. I'm In inpatient rehabilitation in Homestead  5 days now and progress has been ridiculously good

Getting sensation back and regaining strength already. Still with a lot of pain but very encouraged and depression is getting much better too.

Hopefully will get discharged home Tuesday 18th

• Like 1