2020 Miami Boat Show

kawakibi

2 hours ago, soflah3 said:

Last year I took the Brightline Train from West Palm to Miami which was great. Just over an hour. The shuttle from the Brightline station to Virginia Key took longer to go 4 miles or so. Never again!

I quit going after they moved it to Virginia Key.....it's not worth being held hostage on the island....you can't get an Uber easily and the lines back to bus locations is not worth the show...

dc

My brother-in-law went the first day and had a dealers pass from evinrude, he was demo'ing the new 115-140 engines and he says they are the smoothest running engine to date and only 3 cylinder and make great power. He parked at a clients house and rode their bike to the show because traffic was so bad and everyone I have spoken too so far says forget it, not worth it.

I went this year to get some updates on products, etc.  First time I tried the water taxi.  Parked at Bayside at 9:30AM, walked to Bayfront park where the taxis are.  Left within 5 minutes on a dinner cruise type vessel.  Was in the boat show at 10:15.  Took a bit longer than I thought.  The ship had to wait for docking.  But, at least there was a good view and a breeze.  The MBG boats were in their usual places.  I am not looking for a boat, so I didn't really dissect those boats.  I am sure there were a lot of updates and I think the newest boat was the 32 or 33 DC, I believe.  Heading back was a bit quicker in a smaller water taxi, maybe 35 minutes.  The show is definitely better than the first or even the second year that I went and parked on the key.  It is definitely more time consuming.  I didn't snap many pictures, had an agenda and stuck to it.  Went on Friday, so I did have to deal with local traffic on my way home.  Glad I didn't go Saturday, lots of rain, at least around my house.  That giant center console is, I believe, the new Scout.  The Red White and Blue Seven Marine engine is a beautiful beast.  

IMG_6381.jpeg

IMG_6379.jpeg

I actually did see that boat while I was on the taxi.  At first, I couldn't identify what type of engines they were on the boat.  Then, I saw their booth at the show and realized what they were.  I didn't really take a close look.  They just don't look like any Merc, Yammie, Honda, ETec, etc., that is for sure.