NOT FUNNY!

Capt. Troy

Was at the Rampage yesterday morning and opened up the Cabin. Got down to the second step entering the cabin and a dang snake falls out of the cabin lid slide track onto my shoulder and bites my sleeve on my shirt. After letting go it then falls on my shoe and shoots directly underneath fold out couch. Oh ***! I go into full panic mode knowing dang good and well it has a million places it can get that I can't. Throw everthing off the couch and snatch the fold out portion and flip the back rest and there he is heading for the area under the hanging locker. Grab his tail and he goes to striking the fire out of me. I finally get his head under control and put him in a bucket in the cockpit.

I am fairly confident he was thrown on the boat by someone and have the marina viewing video for me this morning. I find it hard to believe the snake would go down the ramp to the floating docks and then rope climb his way onboard.

If I find out who thinks this was funny I will promise you I will catch the biggest rattle snake I can find and return the favor some day.

I turned this guy loose and that even surprised me as I wanted to chop his butt up. Meanest one of these I have ever encountered.

• Like 1

I had a snake get into a boat once before. Had the boat parked in the mangroves while we had lunch and I guess he got in when that happened.  Ran to our spot and start fishing when my dad, who was fishing on the back deck, screams. 

He was barefoot and stepped backwards right onto the snake. He thought it was a soft plastic until he felt it start freaking out. Turned out to be about a 3-4 foot water snake, so luckily it wasn't a moccasin. Never laughed so hard in my life

We think the snake was under the seat cushions while driving. Can't imagine what would have happened if it came out while we were driving

Red rat is what it is. I do have a big bruise on my hip from running into the stove top before I got my act together. My biggest fear was it getting someplace and dying in there. Millions of places that I can't get to. Mean little sucker, he bit me 4 times before I got hold of his head.

The boat has been in that slip 15 years and this was a first. This marina as you have seen from other posts is always full of surprises.

Not funny if it was done as a joke, don’t think it was. Many snakes find their way on to boats. Just happened three days ago. Sitting on lanai and noticed my neighbors black dock line draping over my lines. Could not figure how that happened. Went to rearrange it and as I reached for it to grab, that freaking line lashed out to bite me lol. Scared the ————out of me. Beware of black ropes. When first moved to fla. had a next door neighbor reach into his locker to turn on the battery switch and came out with a water moc attacked to his shirt. Always used a stick from then on before reaching for the switch.

3 hours ago, DonV said:

Looks like a red rat snake, I'm not an expert by any means. However if it fell on me like that there would also be a big brown mess to clean up :)

Oh yeah I do know these are great climbers, seen them go up a brick wall.

You are correct. They are very cool snakes and usually docile. Surprised it tried to bite you. Thanks for letting it go!

I flew into San Diego a few years back for a long range sportfishing trip. Mind you I used to live in SD and "know these guys". Well I went to the docks at Point Loma to see my buddies on their long range sportfisher who had just returned from a long range trip. To my horror, they were proud to show me the snake they netted on the "way up the line" from Baja to SD alive in their main bait tank. It was a very venomous sea snake. I immediately identified it and told them one bite could be a death sentence. Crazy stuff!

2 hours ago, finbully said:

You are correct. They are very cool snakes and usually docile. Surprised it tried to bite you. Thanks for letting it go!

There is nothing cool about any snake.

letting it go was bad judgement on my part IMHO.

This redneck was born and raised in a ambush of this state and will let snakes go as long as they are doing what snakes do.

I prefer they don't see me and I don't see them.

They stay on their turf and I stay on mine all is good. Cross the line and I will chop/shoot you into many pieces.

The last snake on my property my wife killed. I got home to identify it but couldn't as it was cut into many sections that made in unidentifiable.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Capt. Troy said:

There is nothing cool about any snake.

letting it go was bad judgement on my part IMHO.

This redneck was born and raised in a ambush of this state and will let snakes go as long as they are doing what snakes do.

I prefer they don't see me and I don't see them.

They stay on their turf and I stay on mine all is good. Cross the line and I will chop/shoot you into many pieces.

The last snake on my property my wife killed. I got home to identify it but couldn't as it was cut into many sections that made in unidentifiable.

No reason to be scared of a little rat snake. They are rodent killing machines and are absolutely harmless. He was doing what snakes do, looking for food.  No reason to kill it just because it scares you a little. 

23 hours ago, DWoodham said:

No reason to be scared of a little rat snake. They are rodent killing machines and are absolutely harmless. He was doing what snakes do, looking for food.  No reason to kill it just because it scares you a little. 

Let one fall from above on your head. My only real scare once I new what it was is getting some place in my boats cabin and dying in there.

He was well on it's way to getting to such a place and that is why I got bit. Had to grab him by the tail. It would have destroyed my cabin area rotting away in some crack or crevice. He comes back he is dead.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:00 AM, Capt. Troy said:

Let one fall from above on your head. My only real scare once I new what it was is getting some place in my boats cabin and dying in there.

He was well on it's way to getting to such a place and that is why I got bit. Had to grab him by the tail. It would have destroyed my cabin area rotting away in some crack or crevice. He comes back he is dead.

I certainly understand not wanting a dead snake that you couldn’t find in your boat. But I doubt that snake would have died in your bilge. As soon as it didn’t find food or warmth it would be gone. I read quickly, anyone would be scared is a snake fell on them 

The cabin is climate controlled and there is nothing for a snake to eat in there. Only way out would be to leave the cabin door open. Not a option.

There are literally a million places it could have gotten into and died from starvation Or maybe laid some eggs.😯

it fell in when I opened the cabin door and suspect he was trying to get in there as it was 72 in there and 50 degrees outside.

Flats doctor the bites were on the right hand and I was sober. It was early morning.😏

The snake fell in the cabin when I opened the lid to the cabin door. If I shut the lid the cabin is then locked and the snake can't get out. I can't leave the cabin open as it has lots of tackle, tools, TV ,stereo and a bunch of other stuff in there. It would be no different than locking a snake inside your home. He ain't gonna get out and there is no food and it could most likely get behind a cabinet or into a wall where you can't find it.

Trust me, I wouldn't have grabbed it by the tail and let it bite the crap out of me if I thought he would just be able to crawl out of a locked cabin.

The thing was about 1 foot from getting to where no man was going to access it. It's head was already in the hole when I snagged it.

On 3/2/2020 at 9:59 AM, Capt. Troy said:

Flats doctor the bites were on the right hand and I was sober. It was early morning.😏

I also said a “young male” 😁 

and I was just making a funny comment,, not your case since you were not trying to grab it, I didn’t intend to accuse you

We were washing the carpet in our place in Bonita and found the same rat 🐍 doubt it would jump at you. I’m thinking it probably fell on you from the door while trying to get in

they are scary looking, I thought it was a rattler

3B4E0406-BA8E-4891-B6FB-4F47D866B1C4.jpeg

EE13E62D-C7A7-4986-990E-EDB93B354C59.jpeg