Boat lift bunk spacing help

gwojnow

I have a 2005 PF 22 TE and keep it on an elevator style Hi-Tide lift. Has anyone found the best spacing for the bunks that keeps the boat stable and even? I tried looking for specs in the manual but no luck yet. Appreciate any help out there. Should they go on the inside or outside of the chines? 

The hull needs to be supported directly under the two longitudinal ( bow to stern) stringers which are located under the outer edges of the center console on pathfinders. MBG can verify location on your year with a call to product service. When supported there, the boat will be stable. “Even” will depend on your parking job, if the bunks are parallel and the same height. It’s not automatic.

Thanks for the responses. I do have a trailer but it's set up with flat bunks and they are positioned nearly in line with the trim tabs. For some reason this seems to wide for the boat lift and the bow doesn't seem supported firmly enough. If anyone has any convenient photos of their PF on a lift that would be helpful. I will also try to look for the manual or call product support next week for more details.

Thanks!

Gili

Frozen is correct. The bunks should be under the stringers. You can look in the bilge and see the two stringers and take a measurement. But, the stringers tend to get closer together as they get closer to the bow. You can look into your front compartments and get those measurements. You should use guide-on's to center the boat as you drive into your slip. Moving the bunks closer together in the front will keep them under the stringers and also elevate you bow, which will allow water to drain to the bilge.

17 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Moving the bunks closer together in the front will keep them under the stringers and also elevate you bow, which will allow water to drain to the bilge.

Yep. Also remember that the cable lengths on the two bow cables should be different from the two stern cables to allow a “built in”  slope for drainage. The cables are set this way on original installation.  Additional bow elevation should be done as SCFD describes, lateral spacing, not raising the bow side bunks relative to the cradle. I.e. bunks should be same height relative to cradle, front to back. Clear as mud?