Go pro accessories and mounts for boat

justfish

Santa brought me a go pro and I'm looking at accessories. I think I'd like to have a telescoping stick, a mount for the console (preferably to grab rail I think) and something to keep it afloat should it fall overboard. It doesn't have the screen on back so I think I'm gonna get the floating back from Go pro for the latter unless someone can recommend anything else, but would like some recommendation on the stick and especially the mount. Thanks.

I have the handlebar mount which I use on my grab rail, as well as a homemade telescoping pole with the orange floating back. I almost exclusively use the grab rail mount.

Here's a b*** fishing and a prop testing video I made using the handlebar mount:

I have a redfishing video I am making right now which will be better, trying to edit through over an hour straight of nonstop redfish catching isn't easy.

I would not trust the headgear mount.

True story. This past year fishing with my buddy on my 22te at local jetties. He pulls in the anchor and as he sets it down on the deck I ask if he has a tackle bag strap on the anchor. Nope it was a Go Pro headgear with camera still attached. Video shows some college kids on the beach but mostly video of it rolling around on the bottom.

At first we thought a jet skier had lost it as they drive recklessly out there but a wave must have knocked it off in the surf.

Santa brought me a go pro and I'm looking at accessories. I think I'd like to have a telescoping stick, a mount for the console (preferably to grab rail I think) and something to keep it afloat should it fall overboard. It doesn't have the screen on back so I think I'm gonna get the floating back from Go pro for the latter unless someone can recommend anything else, but would like some recommendation on the stick and especially the mount. Thanks.

I used the go pro extensively...

First- I suggest you get an account on "VIMEO" VS. YOUTUBE.

I like Vimeo as it allows you to use whatever music you like...Youtube will monitor your music in some cases..also, in any video..be sure to always give credits to the music....plus, with Vimeo you can control who goes on the sight with a p***word if you like.....

1.) Buy a inexpensive "monpod" at best buy or online...it will extend out 4-6 feet...and with an arm's length..you can reach out a god 10'...Use a piece of styroofoam noodle to protect from sinking

2.) get a few adjusters for the angle..

3.) I used a bikers helmet to create a camera mount vs a headband...

4.) batteries...never can have too many...the Wasabi's are fine...but, you'll need more than two (buy at least 4-6) depending on on weather you use the iPhone app...it will draw a huge amount of power when in Wifi mode.

5.) Tips...shoot short sections when possible for the uploads.

6.) IMovie is fine or an other editor...I use Final Cut ProFX which is extremely powerful....worththe money

7.) I use 32 Gb cards and change them frequently vs. one large...

(Personal preference). - be sure to use the high performance cards for read-write

8.) If you use 4K mode, you'll use lots of memory, but the videos are great..

9.) remember you can always use it as camera.. - shoots great pics

10.) check the camera throughout the day as it can fog you can install an anti fog pad inside

11.) Be sure you get the rear viewer - about $100, but allows you to see what you are filming and instal playback.

12.) note - it takes lots of memory when you begin to build large videos - use dropbox or others to export

13.) suggest you go to "Lynda.com" for some good training on line for $40 you get all you can eat.

14.) I suggest as well, depending on your system, an external SSD drive (memory drive-not disk) and use this vs your PC as it will help keep things separate and will run faster.

15.) Depending on your PC - it can run slowly - I have no experience with Microsofot as I only use MAC - so, go to youtube if you need any info on this operating system

Shark Run GoPro

CRANK UP THE VOLUME...AND ENJOY....

Here is a quickie with my buddy Chris in the Pathfinder.

I shot with standard 1080 HD and a monpod...hanging off the front of the boat and over the motor.....

HERE IS ONE WITH MY BUDDY MIKE .....first run in his new HPX in Choko....

lots of fun....lots of feeeeshhh.....

Shot with a bit lower definition for ease of editing...

Enjoy....shot with connections to the trolling motor with gorilla connector....hand held connector....and various other attachments and in hand...

Link to Capt Mike's GoPro Video - Chatham River and in the bights in secret and double secret spots :)

[image]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7457/14028978102_b48848a61e_o.jpg[/image]

HERE IS A GOPRO FROM DAYS AGO WITH CAPT DONH....GREAT FLY CASTING SECTION ABOUT 1/2 THROUGH....USE OF THE BIKE HELMET AND STANDING ON THE TOWER FILMING...

A TRUE MASTER IN FLY CASTING...

CAPT DONH VIDEO CHOKO - FLY CASTING SHOW

I tried a piece of PVC - but, it was too bulky...I liked using the Monopod...

[image]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2903/13981241624_98c83f1221_o.jpg[/image]

Link to Monopod at Best Buy $31

HERE IS A GRIP MOUNT I USE FOR TROLLING MOTOR MOUNTS OR ON THE HANDRAILS.

AGAIN, IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO USE THE BACKVIEW...YOU WILL NEED ALOT OF BATTERIES READY,.

ONE TRICK I USE IS TO PUT A PIECE OF TAPE ON EACH BATTERY WITH FULLL CHARGE AND THEN TAKE IT OFF AS I USE THEM..OR YOU'LL END UP MIXING THEM...

LINK HAND MOUNT

Enjoy

dc

Thanks guys

I ended up getting the his one vs the handlebar mount. Seems like it should be more versitile for sure. Got the telescoping stick and will put some pool noodle on both of em along with the floaty back.

Dino, what is that edited with? Very nice. I have NO idea how to do that or probably even upload the vids so I have a long, long way to go for something like that I think.

Thanks guys

I ended up getting the his one vs the handlebar mount. Seems like it should be more versitile for sure. Got the telescoping stick and will put some pool noodle on both of em along with the floaty back.

Dino, what is that edited with? Very nice. I have NO idea how to do that or probably even upload the vids so I have a long, long way to go for something like that I think.

Final cut is a bit complicated..but, has lots of power..

IMovie is fine for the basic memory makers...

Mac's are very movie friendly....I don't know enough about the other editors to comment.

again, the key is to just use it and fiddle...lots of extra batteries if using wifi and have fun.

dc

The one I find most useful

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GTZJA7Y?keywords=gopro%20gorilla%20pod&qid=1451426083&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

You can wrap it around a grab rail, use it as a tripod, grab it and pick it up as a short pole mount, etc.

I like this one as well for any type of basic stationary mounts...works well for beach shots or others where you want to just place the camera and walk away....

dc

HERE IS A VIDEO IN TIME LAPSE I DID IN BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA AT THE HILTON HOTEL

I HAD AN EXTRA DAY ON A SUNDAY AND THERE WAS AN ARTIST CREATING PICTURES...I SET UP MY GOPRO AND LET IT FILM FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES..THEN PLACE IN SOME MUSIC AND STILLS I WAS TAKING...

HE ENJOYED IT AND USED IT ON HIS WEBSITE....

JUST HAVING FUN FIDDLING AND LEARNING....

ENJOY.....

CRANK UP THE VOLUME...THE MUSIC IS SOME NICE TRANCE ....

HILTON THE ARTIST - ENJOY

Looks like a nice honey hole as they were stacked up...

How high is that platform...one of the tallest I've seen...nice ride...well set up.

dc

Yep, they are stacked in a creek mouth. Fished the main cove the past 3 years and never realized it dropped off in the small spot. The other day I was blocked in near there by a guy that came in and started chumming so I casted near the creek mouth. Instantly my line took off. Very fun spot that we just learned!

The platform is 24 inches tall, stock was 12-14. We used a cooler and 2x4's to test different heights and see what was the tallest it could be without being a pain to get up on. I appreciate the kind words on my rig.

You are 100% correct on the editing skills. Just takes some practice and tinkering. YouTube also had helpful videos

Archived