Jl marine charging system

DWoodham

The word is expensive. Seems to me they are trying to one up the Stealth AC/DC but with a lot higher cost.I keep mine (with a Stealth) in dry stack and rarely plug up, no need. Good luck. I guess I should add Stealth customer service was great during rigging and helpful with any questions after that. No problems in 7 years.

I agree on JL Marines customer service! It is absolutely top notch. I also run a Stealth and it is exceptional with the same (or dare I say better 😱) customer service. Better only because you can reach tech 24-7 via cell if outside of office hours lol. Anyways I am sure the new chargers are going to be good and was wondering how folks like them as well.

I do not think I payed much more than $500.00 dollars for my Stealth AC\DC pro pack. Had it seven years and no problems. Keeps my house battery and 36 volt trolling bank ready to go. The tournament guys charge battery's while traveling with the boat on the trailer using the vehicle alternator to feed the Stealth.  IMO the Stealth is the way to go.

• Like 1

fyi.....Just did some research recently and found where the stealth charge leaves 1 battery out of the loop (cant remember the correct term but suffice it to say it doesnt receive the proper routine charge) so you need to rotate your batteries to avoid killing it and keeping them all balanced (this is even in the instructions for the Stealth).  Read up on the power pole charge and it does not suffer from this and routinely maintains all batts

12 hours ago, FINCHASER said:

fyi.....Just did some research recently and found where the stealth charge leaves 1 battery out of the loop (cant remember the correct term but suffice it to say it doesnt receive the proper routine charge) so you need to rotate your batteries to avoid killing it and keeping them all balanced (this is even in the instructions for the Stealth).  Read up on the power pole charge and it does not suffer from this and routinely maintains all batts

My Stealth system and batteries are SEVEN years old. No issues and the batteries have never been “rotated”.

Fin, where is this listed in the instructions? I just went through mine an see no mention of this.

Much attention is given to stealth and now powerpole( jl  marine).

Stealth works by converting the 12 volt to 36 volt and charging the TM batteries as one system. This is probably why in a 36 volt system they talk about the middle  battery. From an efficiency perspective  this is not the best as it wastes energy.

I don't know  how  powerpole works.

There is another system made by yandina, ( yandina.com ) called the trollbridge.  It works differently than stealth.  It charges each battery independently in 12 volt and during use it goes to 24 or  36 volt series  automatically. 

There are more advantages that can be utilized but it is an option worth looking into.

I check my batteries often. I log the voltage of each of my Deka AGMs in my 36 volt trolling bank. The Stealth has always kept them very even. I have never seen what Finchaser is referring to. I just looked at my log book and my Stealth AC/DC charger is 8 years old this month. My five year old Deka Intimidator AGM group 24 batteries have been flawless. Yes I use group 24 agms and run my Xi5 36 volt all day fishing banks and current or wind rips and have never even noticed a power drop. I Love JL Marine, Power Pole, their customer service, but $1200.00 dollars is a little steep to have a phone App and Lowrance interface. Though that part is really cool. Don't beat my up, This is just my experience and opinion. Either brand will do a very good job.

Just Sayin.........egretboy on thehulltruth is WRONG. Also they were talking Minn Kota vs Stealth and that is no comparison at all. If anyone wants to pay $1200.00 for something that can be done for under $600.00 I say more power to them, Heck when It comes time I may go to the JL Marine Charge because it looks cooler. What I am saying though is that " I " have a Stealth AC/DC  and it has worked perfectly since 2012 when Bob installed it. I have only replaced my batteries one time since I bought my boat new in 2012 as a maintenance routine. THE Stealth Works. It does not Leave out a battery in a three battery 36V trolling bank and keeps all four of my batteries in perfect readiness. It uses my outboards alternator to keep all four topped of during the day as I move from location to location. I am sure the JL Marine Charger will do the same thing. Just Saying............

Fin.....Have You found your new boat yet???

On 3/20/2020 at 9:17 PM, FINCHASER said:

I run Stealth on 24v system and run a batt meter on dash to monitor and Stealth with engine charges all 3 batteries. Call the owner Danny at the number listed and he will actually answer the phone usually himself and give you the run down.