Father, Son and Best Friend fishing

lurem

We took Monday off from work and went to Cockroach bay to relax, West Coast Florida style. On the flats first thing in the morning we blackened out the livewell after a couple throws (crazy for December!!)and headed off to fish. At almost every stop we caught 8-10 Snook and then the bite would stop. We would move and repeat all day. What a blast to be with family and friends and have a banner day to boot!!

14160k4.jpg

107vokw.jpg

4p34.jpg

2pr9rlw.jpg

Gabe, the wind was blowing hard but it was coming from off the shoreline so we stayed in close and it was bearable. I could not imagine if we had to run to Pinellas point across the bay. We would have taken a beating for sure.

Joe, we used the same tactics at each stop we made and the fish were hungry!

Capt. Troy, it would be sad if a cold front came through now. No one wants to see what happened several years ago with the colder weather again.

Well I could not just leave well enough alone and after our good day of fishing last week I called my friend Danny and we headed out again on New Years Day. Bait was easy and we loaded up the live well and headed off to find some fishies. Today was a lot tougher and we hit several spots before even getting a bite. Around lunch time the bite turned on and we were into the Snook again and before the end of the day Danny landed this nice 29" Red. What a way to start the new Year!! Whoo Hoo!!

opzlow.jpg

Archived