Jump to content

Ping Pong Ball Scuppers


Recommended Posts

Hey guys, got a quick question for the board. I purchased a 2005 Pathfinder 22 last summer that had Rabud Scuppers on it already. Fished this weekend and the cockpit was filling up with several inches of water. I checked the scuppers when I got home and sure enough they were cracked and the drain lines clogged. My question is are Rabud the best brand? Also does anyone know where to purchase them? Also would it make sense to remove the rubber flap in the drain line to let water flow better? I assume I need the larger size for my boat





Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gemlux makes a floor drain that uses a ball stop similiar to the way that raybuds work. It is very similar to a floor drain that was in an old Renken center console that I owned. The system worked well and was easy to maintain. 

The gemlux drain seems to be larger and this may make it possible to retrofit in the old 2200TE, but the big question is how much room exists between the  floor and hull in the corner.

If it would fit it would be a big improvement for dry feet.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...