Thru Hull replacement Issue

Flatschaser

You are going to have to cut an access hole. Mine has one on the back on the deck cause the hatch was a no go being a release well.

7C507EF6-7073-4606-AA9C-0AF6D03313FE.thumb.jpeg.0516dbba80de7284b2acf6fb96ca0283.jpeg

Polliwog is right about the plastic. My thru hulls underneath the boat were in bad shape and I just replaced them to all stainless and added a seacock valve to the live well pump that they didn’t install back then....peace of mind.

838A429B-BACA-48AD-8214-167B8C2423AA.thumb.jpeg.5a349c2222852bd42ced4775ab9874ec.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Coto....very nice....bling bling

No kidding! What do you do; go under there and polish those? The chrome is gone on mine and down to the brass. I do have a timeline to replace them along with the valves however. 

O.P. before the cap goes on it is real easy to install that fitting, but do agree they should have used a more durable product. My Angler from factory 21 years ago did, that's why I am down to brass now.

4 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

No kidding! What do you do; go under there and polish those? The chrome is gone on mine and down to the brass. I do have a timeline to replace them along with the valves however. 

O.P. before the cap goes on it is real easy to install that fitting, but do agree they should have used a more durable product. My Angler from factory 21 years ago did, that's why I am down to brass now.

Just did them two months ago but there not chrome, all stainless. I had the white plastic and they were beat.

9 hours ago, Coto said:

Polliwog is right about the plastic. My thru hulls underneath the boat were in bad shape and I just replaced them to all stainless and added a seacock valve to the live well pump that they didn’t install back then....peace of mind.

On my list to do...do you remember where you sourced the thru hulls from?

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please post the through hull replacement part numbers and where you purchased them?  I have a 2002 Pathfinder 2200v that I want to retro fit the live well through hull drains with seacoks.  A broken drain hose almost cost me the boat!  One other thing, I'm a first time boat owner.  Can you tell me the best way to do the retrofit?  How do I remove the old hardware and the proper method to install the new hardware.