ENP Saturday April 11

7:06 sunrise. Moon waning gibbous 84% visible. High tide 5:08 a.m. at Lostmans River. Weather report called for partly to mostly cloudy skies, scattered showers and t-storms, high 87 with winds SE 5-10. We launched at Outdoor Resorts in the dark and headed for the Lopez River and the backcountry. Though we didn't land any trophy fish, the bite was really good and we kept busy with the small-to-lower slot-sized snook--over 30 for the day. My buddy Mike (InTheSlot12) brought two really nice trout to the boat (23" and 24") and we caught several smaller trout, 5 reds in the 18" to 22" range, a chunky jewfish, several mangrove snapper, a number of jacks and of course a catfish or two. All of the fish were caught on artificial baits including zMan Diezel Minnoz in Opening Night color, Slayer SST paddle tails in Cockroach, or GULP! Saltwater Swimming Mullet in white. Overall, a great day on the water which I was very thankful for. Pray everyone has a happy Easter Sunday. Oh Happy Day! 

IMG_1091.jpeg

IMG_1099.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Big Dave said:

7:06 sunrise. Moon waning gibbous 84% visible. High tide 5:08 a.m. at Lostmans River. Weather report called for partly to mostly cloudy skies, scattered showers and t-storms, high 87 with winds SE 5-10. We launched at Outdoor Resorts in the dark and headed for the Lopez River and the backcountry. Though we didn't land any trophy fish, the bite was really good and we kept busy with the small-to-lower slot-sized snook--over 30 for the day. My buddy Mike (InTheSlot12) brought two really nice trout to the boat (23" and 24") and we caught several smaller trout, 5 reds in the 18" to 22" range, a chunky jewfish, several mangrove snapper, a number of jacks and of course a catfish or two. All of the fish were caught on artificial baits including zMan Diezel Minnoz in Opening Night color, Slayer SST paddle tails in Cockroach, or GULP! Saltwater Swimming Mullet in white. Overall, a great day on the water which I was very thankful for. Pray everyone has a happy Easter Sunday. Oh Happy Day! 

IMG_1091.jpeg

IMG_1099.jpeg

Nice report Dave...sounds like it's time to get back on the water...but, the ramps seem like a zoo....maybe hiding in the back it the right strategy as the front must be nuts....Outlaw reported a dozen boats at Lostmans :( 

dc