Choko report

Got back to Atlanta from the ENP last night after a straight through drive. Daughter and I had a great time and even caught a few fish. It wasn't ideal conditions - 10-15 east wind and full moon influenced pretty serious lows, and heavy currents. But we found plenty of Trout and a decent Redfish to catch, but I couldnt find a Snook.

We fished south out on the beaches, up the rivers and back bays, but fishing was tough - or I'm just not very good at it. We used primarily arties but did get some shrimp the last day. Regardless of the spotty action, we had a great time. My daughter had never been to the ENP and continued to talk about the overwhelming beauty, the wildlife and the remarkable "old Florida" experience. She said next time she may get a guide though!

In ENP...fish are the bonus...it's the time with friends and family that counts....

Getting a guide is always advisable...at least for one day so you can pick up a few techniques that are working locally.....sorry I couldn't make it over to help..but, family complications got in the way...

I haven't bent a rod in weeks...and even then, I've got a rusty hook on the end....

It's always about the adventure when you head to ENP.

DC

Snook have been kinda spotty on the outside lately. Not really sure why because for it being January the water temps are still in the high 70's lol. I agree with Capt. DeWALT, Fish is always a bonus. Just getting there is a treat in itself. Reds were on fire about month ago. Glad you were able to make it down and have fun. I Love the ENP!

Archived