21 Master Angler Trolling Motor Recommendation

MCG1

I'll let other 21 owners override me if I'm wrong, but I have an 18, and I have the same tides you do up here in NC.   You MIGHT be able to get by with a 24V, but there would definitely be times you wished you had a little more.   If it were me, based on my 18 and it's 24V, I'd go 36.   The 24V is handles big tides here with my 18, but just barely.   There are many mornings on those big tides that I'm running 8,9, and even 10 on spot lock.   

That 21 has the space and capability to handle the extra battery.   I can't think of how you'd regret it, beyond the initial cost.

I just bought a Rohdan for my 16 Hewes. The salads person there recommended 12 volt motor for that size boat. From that I thought the population as a whole must tend to overkill when selecting trolling motors. I bought the 24 volt LOL no way I was going to buy a 12 volt motor. 
 I would honestly think your boat would be fine with the 24 volt motor. But having a 36 volt motor on my 22 pathfinder I can tell you that you do not worry about the battery life when your fishing. I went near shore the other day and  spot locked over various reefs all day long . Never worried about battery life. 
 With the low sides and no t top I would assume on your boat you truly are bucking tide more than wind. I would probably buy a 24 volt  motor for for your boat. I would think others here will chime too. 

I have 22 Pathfinder with a 36 v 112 lb Minn Mota..... in South Georgia as well.  Why do I have a 36v ?   Because I  have already owned the 24v.... it’s great for the creeks and rivers....but if you Tarpon or Tripletail fish on beachfronts and use anchor lock very much, you’ll be much happier with the performance of 36v.  As you stated....7’ tide swings and current running 4 to 6 kts when it’s rolling.  If you had the 18 MA it would be different but the 21’ MA is approx the same size as the 22 PF.

Me being from and living and fishing in the 13th Colony as well - for a 21 MA you better go 36v.  We ran a 24v on a Pathfinder 20’ for a short period of time and sold the motor and upgraded to a 36v because it wasn’t strong enough spot lock at the jetties on outgoing tides. That 21 MA is a heck of a lot more boat than a Pathfinder 2000v.  I can’t urge you strongly enough to buy the extra battery and spend a little more on the 36v motor

• Like 1

As others have chimed...36v. In N FL so while not quite as extreme pull as yours...our tides can rip. My 24v on my master angler is fine but when I had the bay boat it wasn't. Went Rhodan little over a year ago and she's a good one but thats a Ford Chevy Dodge Toyota truck kinda loaded question. Fan boys abound for them all. Freshwater guys are liking the Lowrance Ghost Troller. Maybe they will give us a salty option one day. Good to see some competition.