Prop suggestion 2020 17hpx-v Yamaha F90

JonH

Hey all. Got the referenced boat recently and very sensitive to porpoising. Have to trim way down on the motor and as you trim up have to go down heavy on the trim tabs. 20 pitch three blade prop from the factory on it. Not sure if a replacement will solve it. Boat is well balanced and issue even occurs in slick water. Finally, heavy wheel resistance when turning left (esp when trimmed down). Dealer said that was normal on a small boat/big engine but never had that issue in other flats boats. Any suggestions are appreciated!

I ran the PTR19, 3 blade on the hpx I had with an F90. That was the prop for it and Marcus from Powertech confirmed it. That boat is just very trim sensitive too much and she will porpoise it is the nature of the beast with that boat. The one I have now with a 115 two stroke is the same way. You just have to get her in her sweet spot.

Thanks. I spoke to the dealer and the guys at Prop Gods. They think my engine is mounted too low. Checked the back and it’s on the lowest bolt hole. May try raising it first (4 heights available) and see if that helps. Risk though is the top of the engine is already a tight clearance between it and the platform. May have to get some spacers to raise the platform then. TBD.

63B0A65A-A798-45F9-B5BE-98D54B7FD8EB.jpeg