How Do I Remove Cooler Seat Back?

B2TB

Have a 2014 18 HPX-V.  Once by accident, the seatback on my cooler/seat came off. Now I want to remove it so I can access some wiring, and I can't get it off. The dealer showed me once but I forgot. What's the secret?  I know the newer model have a hinge but the 2014 doesn't.

If you are talking about the piece that is mounted on the helm, lift straight up against the helm from the bottom of the pad. There should be two aluminum 90 degree angled pieces mounted on the backside of the cushion that "clamp" it to the helm. You should be able to look inside the helm compartment to see the pieces I'm talking about. There may be snaps to undo first but these would be obvious to see from the outside of the helm.

14 hours ago, B2TB said:

Thanks - Yes that is what I have. So, do I push the cushion up and then pull it out from the bottom?  When I look inside the helm compartment I can see the brackets

Yes it should come right off once you push up don’t try to pull it out before the brackets are unclamped from the inside of the helm. It should be fairly tight since that compression fit is what holds the pad on.