MA 21 for sale

bdsnook

Yep. Interesting though. Would do the seller some good to jump on here and share who did the work and what was done, exactly. If it was a quality fix, 20K seems reasonable (ish). Doesn't list year of the motor, and I am still curious what caused the issue with the deck in the first place.

A 21' MA would sure be nice up here . . . .

The only reason there was a deck issue was when the gas tank was replaced a year ago, the deck on one side didn't get sealed properly. That was before I owned it. Even with the deck issue, before I had it repaired, you could jump on it all day and It didn't budge at all. Had some nicks repaired and the side of the deck. The job was done beautifully. I am selling the 150 separately as well because people complain it's underpowered but none of them have ridden on it. Sunrise marine tanks in Venice made the new aluminum gas tank 3/8 inch aluminum. Only selling to fund my master's degree in nursing. I am a few weeks from finishing my bsn.

How do you figure it's priced high? The motor is worth 7500 with those hours and hull and trailer 14k without any addons and that is without any gelcoat work done on the top. How much is a new 62 gallon tank? And how about how much a decent gelcoat of a 21 foot hull? I think 20k is fairly reasonable for what it is.

Im not knocking your price, i thought the boat would be sold already, but fixing a deck issue and replacing a gas tank in a 2004 boat doesnt necessarily raise the value of a boat, it puts it back to its original condition. A 62 gallon aluminum tank is plenty under 1k for parts from what ive seen. The reason people think the boat is underpowered is because most have 2-250 motors even though pathfinder 22 regularly has a 150.

Again, i think it will sell eventually and am surprised it didnt already, but in future endeavors it may be something to consider.

If you arent in a hurry to sell id recommend maybe taking it off the market for 2 weeks or so and then relist it with fresh pictures and such. The boat has been listed for a while and some people just ignore boats like that because they figured there was a reason it hadnt sold, so a fresh ad may help you sell faster. Good luck!

The market is also slow right now because it is winter, so a delay may help even more

Glad to hear it's enough motor. Plenty of em on 22 Pathys so makes sense.

A friendly recommendation would be to clean up your ad. List the options instead of putting them into a run on paragraph, etc...

Also, if your firm on price just state the price and firm. Your really beating that home. I haven't sold much where I don't feel like wasted time, especially on CL. Honstly as a buyer I'd be real turned off by being told I'd be wasting everyone's time by trying to offer anything less than asking. My personal opinion feeling is unless the buyer discloses every little scratch, scuff, non working switch, light etc in the ad then the price is always negotiable. I think you'd be better off raising price and removing all that together.

Better pics help for sure. Agree with Justfish. As a buyer I gloss over "firm" as 19900 won't buy it but another 100 will. Most folks and me included want to think were getting a deal perhaps even if its only a hundred bucks. lol. Hey seriously good luck with the sale. The more those 21s sell for the more my 18s worth.

Agree on all points w/ Justfish.

Man, I wish I could buy that thing. I could use a few more feet up here when it gets nasty, and with 4 kids and a wife who like to join me for fishing trips, that would be about the right amount of boat for us. If it's getting into the upper 40s with that 150, that would be plenty of engine for me.

And I like the color, too.

Darn it. I gotta stop looking at this section. Moderator, is there a way to block views to avoid unnecessary temptation? :)

I agree with you on the firm thing in some ways but getting tired of the how much can I buy it for cash people calling. Hey would you take 15k? I just had a call a few minutes ago asking how much I would take. I can raise the price and then play the game if it makes someone feel better but I would rather know what someone's bottom line is before I drive to see their boat.

20k when I have no money coming in during CRNA school is quite a big deal. Relative to overall debt it may not be much but every bit helps. I also have some credit card debt I am working on getting down so I am not wasting money on interest when money is tight. I have a friend with a nice 2007 sterling 180ts that I have access to and my father has a 1999 pathfinder 17 tunnel I can also use. My friend may be selling the sterling in the near future.

I hear you on the low ballers but that's Craigslist. I've sold a few things on Craigslist and its all the same. Tons of calls by people with bigger mouths than money. Normally it's the first "for real" person with money that actually buys it. I don't negotiate price over a call or text and believe it or not people get mad about that. I told them all "come see it in person and we can talk about price". The tire kickers and kids get pissed. Nice looking boat for sure. I'd have to have more power but I'm sure it runs fine with the 150. GLWS and school.

Unless your boat is an insane deal, I'm probably not driving to see a boat more than 2 hours away without getting a price first. Thats probably why people get irritated, plus they dont know what money to get out. I'd hate to get there and find out we can't agree on a price, it would be a waste of both of ours time. Or finally agree on a price but the banks closed while I was looking at the boat so I have to come back. Of course I wouldn't get angry at you because it's your boat, but it might be frustrating.

I don't like wasting people's time, and I'm sure they appreciate me being quick and to the point. I bought a hewes 16 on friday. I saw the boat after it was up 4 hours, called the guy, discussed price and he had a deposit 15 minutes later.

I wouldn't count out kids, I'm 19 and buy and sell a lot of stuff so I wouldn't immediately ***ume they are window licking. I'm a lot quicker and waste less time than a lot of people I sell stuff to.

Surprisingly I don't get many tire kickers. Maybe I'm lucky? I did have someone get angry at me for not accepting their 15k offer on a boat i listed at 22k. He told me that's what my boat was worth and I was nuts not to take his offer. I had people lined up for much more than that.

Just don't take anything personal and ignore the lowballs and it's usually fine

Archived