fly swap baitfish

shadow

well this is who's in with 3 days left to sign in.

shadow

benzo

squidmotion

justin

forgetoremember

rodwrapper

england

saltflytyer

tokengirl

that makes 9

with only 9 how do you feel about making it 2 FLYs?

hopefully we get a couple more people

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well lets get to work.

16 fly's each need to shipped by "what better day than" june 13th. i sould have all by the 20th that way ole florida fly can look at them over the weekend and i can return on the 21st. 2 different flys would be nice. that way we all get some new to try. if you are able only to do 1 do 2 colors. i will pm all with address to send.

dont forget about the fly box from ole florida fly shop in boca raton. also the gift certifcate from global fish mounts.com

shadow

benzo

squidmotion

justin

forgetoremember

rodwrapper

england

saltflytyer

tokengirl

• 2 weeks later...

a few....

gonna do 'em till i run out of material.....then i'll cull the best! :)

probably not the most complex....but i know the chrome clousers catch trout..... which equals fun!

this is fun....

not sure which i will pick for my 'extra'.....

working on a goldie version for reds.....but having trouble with the top and bottom colors thinking of an olive top (wing?), gold flash (body?), and orange bottom (belly?).... to mimic a mirrolure color i know they like....

i feel like a total barney compared to you guys (and gal)....i hope mine hold the muster, so to speak... this does make you better.... good practice for patterns you like.... and good news! i have in fact learned to flare and spin deer body hair!

i didn't know if you wanted the barbs mashed down, like i do, so i didn't..... do you guys sharpen the hooks before you tie them? i don't, but i thought about it..... i'm more of a field sharpener....

1212118371-chromeys01.jpg.1223c141596dcb

looks good squid.

i sharpen hooks frist. if you sharpen hooks on the boat make sure you do it over the water. those little shavings are bad on the deck,feet & your flyline. also if they are done and ready to go when the bite is on & you lose a fly or need to change fast you are ready. some thing i learned was after you sharpen hooks take a sharipe and color the point. that tells you at a quick look that it is sharp also keeps it from rusting. also when it wears off time to resharpen.

looks good squid.

i sharpen hooks frist. if you sharpen hooks on the boat make sure you do it over the water. those little shavings are bad on the deck,feet & your flyline. also if they are done and ready to go when the bite is on & you lose a fly or need to change fast you are ready. some thing i learned was after you sharpen hooks take a sharipe and color the point. that tells you at a quick look that it is sharp also keeps it from rusting. also when it wears off time to resharpen.

excellent advice! :)

looking great squiddy!!!

After some wet testing on snook in Choko, oceanside tarpon in the Keys, and largemouth/peacock b*** at my local lake, I perfected my little minnow fly!! R&D complete... now that the fun is over, its time for the cloning process.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so Its been a while since I have checked this thread, and I missed the part about 2 different flies, so I only have one set coming. sorry, maybe you guys can pm me you address and ill mail one direct to you.

EPs on the way in different colors

Picture034.jpg

Archived