fly swap baitfish

shadow

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what i have so far looks good.

i might call a foul on squid. all we hear is " iam new, not that good blah blah" every one sent theirs in yellow envelopes and squid has a awsome box with custom foam strips. yellow flag for sure :D :laugh:

i have squidmotion, justin, rodwrapper, england,

saltflytyer

forgot's has remailed his.

benzo is out fishing oh iam sorry out catching "jerk". tokengirl is out with the new photo equipment iam sure. there stuff is good and am sure it will be here some time this week.

thanks guys! needed an ego boost after another worthless trip friday.... :)

well... i used to tie little flies for freshwater (about 30 years ago), but this is an entirely different program!!!

don't put them under the magnifying gl***, please!!!

yep, we have all seen what benzo has been up to!! flynutt sure tied some beauties as well.... gotta build me a fly-dryer.

sweet. dont have to worry about him using them.

he forgot about the long rod. i have some logos on my desk for you.

Sounds great Joe... you can leave my flies and the stickers with Bob and ask him to bring them to SWC... I'll pick them up there sometime this week or next.

Here are my 2 moscas...

1st one here is the "Nothing Fly"...

nothingflymr4.jpg

Its a baitfish imitation that should be deadly where fish are eating small stuff. They are tied on #4 Tiemco 811S hooks so you can ensure they are on a strong and sharp hook. I've taken numerous small tarpon on this pattern. I also used it in choko and got the approval from many a snooklets. It should be a fun fly to fish.

2nd fly is the Texas Clouser...

txclouserts6.jpg

I actually saw the pattern on another website and decided to tie these up. They'll be a bit different then your typical baitfish patterns as these immitate baitfish like gobys and mud minnows which scurry about in mud/oysters/gr***. I tied a weedguard and used a cone head weight instead of dumbell eyes to make them completely snagless. You can fish them for flounder and redfish off the bottom or strip them faster and they'll actually have a slight swimming action for snook and such. These are tied on a #2 Mustad 34007: I presharpened the hooks and pinched down the barb.

Archived