Everglades City Advice

My wife and I plan to trailer the bonefisher down (from St. Pete) to Everglades City at the end of the month. A successful trip will be getting back to the ramp at the end of the day with a fully in-tacked lower unit and maybe a fish story or two. Any advice for a newbie to the area? I am choosing Everglades City over Chokoloskee because it looks a little easier to navigate out on Google Earth. I have some experience down in Flamingo, but have never run the 10K islands area and it is closer to home, so going to give it a shot. 

Any advice from the MBG wisdom would be appreciated 🙂

32 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Good firework show on that Sat . The 27 .

That will make your lower unit blues disappear for a few minutes .

I will let the FMT peeps tell ya , you will parish without  it .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

Understood. haha 

I've been contemplating FMT... maybe this is the perfect excuse. FMT is cheaper than a new lower unit. You'd think the boss lady would understand that...we'll see 

Launch at the Rod and Gun Hotel.

Deep channel, ok ramp, easy for bonefisher

Take the channel out to Kingston Key and decide to go left or right....

South (Left), lots of places to fish all day without getting into lower unit trouble...get a top spot map and follow some of the ideas....there are many points and areas that are plenty deep if you just take your time....

If you are not going to fish the area on a regular basis, a new sounder and FMT will be a big investment...

A good chart with some prudence in your running speed will be all you need for a day or two....stay on the outside of the points and watch the water depth....idle a lot unless you know where you are at.

DC

• Like 2

• 1 month later...