fuel in the bilge

KeeKee Run

I have a 92 18 MA. I am getting about a quart of fuel in the bilge only when I top off the tank. It would be easy to ***ume that I have a problem with the top of the tank but I would like to try to rule out the possibility of a problem with the fill and or vent tubes. There is no access to view the tubes. I am thinking of cutting some pie hole access holes. Where are the most likely problem areas? Does anyone have any experience as to the best locations to cut? where does the fill tube terminate at the tank?

I would check all ***ociated hoses first. Does it only happen when you fill up or will u find it when ur running with say a half a tank? I have a 99, there is an access hatch in the forward larger hatch, you have to be a bit of contortionist but u can see the vent and fill tube.

Ok. I emptied the large forward compartment and saw the pie hole on the port side that you had referenced earlier. Better than that found a large access panel to the fuel tank and hoses.

Had this boat 15 years and never noticed. I store vests, safety gear, spare prop and rarely need to go in there. I know now. Thanks for leading the blind in the right direction

Archived