Water Leak 2003 19 ft happens water skiing

after pulling grandchildren water skiing, I check bilge and find 2 inches of water in bottom of hull.  I also find same problem after hard rain.  I have run water after cleaning 2 times and cannot seem to duplicate water leak.  I have only owned boat 3 months.  I may have found reason old owner traded departed company.

Bill Brpown

252-714-6525

2 inches, that's nothing! I was just on vacation with a buddy and our families and 4 years ago he bought a brand new Tidewater 21 foot cruiser type boat. First trip I told him his bilge pump kicked on, and again about 12 hours later. 4 Years go by and while on vacation this year his boat is still just pumping away, same scenario and I am not talking for a minute, I am talking about several minutes and lots of water! He says the dealer could not find where it was coming from, mechanic neither. His solution...............................replace the bilge pump, yes singular, every year.

Check pump housings, thru hulls and any penetrations through the hull like trim tabs, swim platforms, etc.Good luck and keep us posted as to your findings.

• 1 month later...