03 16 redfisher 90 4stroke

16’ redfisher with Yamaha f90 tlrb. Running a Yamaha turbo 13 1/4” x 19” prop, motor mounted one hole off the bottom. Top end is a solid 43.5mph per gps full of fuel, batteries, and trolling motor. Though I don’t want to loose top-end my hole shot suffers, especially with passengers. Time to plane with one passenger and me in rear seat is a good 4-6 seconds with lots of bow rise. Thinking about going to a 17p 4 blade like the mercury spitfire x7 or similar. Would love to hear what similar setups have settled on. 

105D428B-BFAA-43F1-95ED-9A86CF464040.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/3/2020 at 9:02 PM, Mcleanp82 said:

sorry for the super late reply.  hightailin, we are relatively new to the area feel free to flag us down if you ever see us again. shallowminded, 5700 rpm with just me and the dog. 5500 with a passanger

That's great top speed! With my new prop ( Power tech SCD4R 13 x 15 pitch 4 blade) I'm at 40.5 mph with cooler, trolling, 3 batts, 2 power poles, gear, 25 gal of fuel and myself.

• 2 months later...

Sallow Minded - Are you running a jack plate ?

I have the same boat but with a Bobs Jack plate with a 4" set back

I am having issues with a prop cavitation 

I am now running a Solas Amita  13d x 15p - 4 blade and not happy with the top end but love the hole shot.

i have been told to put double cup into the prop to stop cavitation on the turns 

I can not get the jack plate over 3 before I blow out .

Any info / input is appreciated. Thanks