1999 Maverick 18’ question

FowlHook08

ve the opportunity to buy an 18' Maverick Flats boat with a 2013 Evinrude E Tec less than 100 hours for 6k. From what I can tell the only work needed is the bottom repainted. Does anyone have any insight on this boat and whether or not this is a good deal? And what you think it’s worth if I bought It, refinished the bottom and re sold it 

thanks 

• Like 1

Do you have a pic of the boat, and or more details on the model?   Is it a Master angler or some other model?   6k for what you are describing would be alarmingly inexpensive, as in, there are potential issues that the seller may not have disclosed.    

Without more details, though, it is hard to say.    

On 7/14/2020 at 7:34 PM, FowlHook08 said:

ve the opportunity to buy an 18' Maverick Flats boat with a 2013 Evinrude E Tec less than 100 hours for 6k. From what I can tell the only work needed is the bottom repainted. Does anyone have any insight on this boat and whether or not this is a good deal? And what you think it’s worth if I bought It, refinished the bottom and re sold it 

thanks 

Send the VIN to the factory to Skip Lyshon and they can provide you some history.

Yes, $6K - there is something going on...

does it have a trailer?

Bottom Paint usually = hiding something

Where was it stored - inside outside...

Too many ???? without some pics of the outside and inside the deck.

For $6K, I'd take it today...sight unseen, but, the fact you are asking these questions, leads me to believe you could be getting your self into big trouble.   Just repainting the bottom will not fix structural issues hidden without extensive repair experience.

Not trying to be an Arse...just trying to maybe help you not to get into a money pit.  If all it needs is some bottom paint, get a soda blaster and go at it...buff the hull, clean her up and you probably can get $15-18K if she has a decent trailer, the fuel tank is good, the steering doesnt leak and the wiring is not a birds nest.

DC