2019 Maverick 18 HPX with 150 SHO

On 10/14/2020 at 9:43 PM, dabear said:

That should be in the ball park . Don’t get in a hurry fine tuning the prop and balancing the boat until you have a few hours driving it under different conditions with different loads . Figure out how you will use your boat most of the time , the amount of gas you run how many people are usually in the boat where they sit running shallow running in rough conditions . When you figure out what you do most of the time and what’s more important(speed ,hole shot  ,lift ,  ride, running shallow, all of the above )  than you can fine tune your set up to meet your needs . Not to many company’s have someone like Marcus giving free advice and trying to hook up his customers with a prop that will give them what they are asking for . We all drive ,  set up , and load our boats differently and there is no one size fits all prop that will but a smile of everyone’s face . A prop one guy loves the guy standing next to him may not be crazy about . Good luck hope you get many years of fun out of your HPX . I love mine . Joe R 

joe , this is my second flats/skiff, so I'm still new to the shallows.  My last was a Eastcape Vantange with a merc 115 XP. It could handle rough conditions very well and I fished in the St John's river, West coast of florida, many other places as much as the keys. The Yamaha 150 SHO  on the back will have me sitting lower in the water  an take some getting  use to as well as this hull. I have always wanted a HPX!