Pre Storm Fishing - Flamingo

Originally was fishing on Friday; however, with the storm approaching my buddy Mike and I decided to make a run to Flamingo before the storm.

What a great day....

While we thought we could get up on the flats at the high and drift and do some "mud fishing" - casting at muds in the water which normally are redfish rooting about....we found the water to choppy...

We decided to get behind some keys and the wind was already blowing at 10-15mph from the east.

Out front, we found 12 snook around a couple of keys, and a few reds.....Mike found this one drifting at summer shrimp on a popping cork on the backside of a key.

1908969341_flamingoday-1.thumb.jpg.a6698f5b0aeefea808dcb80d7eaaaee8.jpg

We moved to a few more keys and found one slot red and few more snook.

We decided to make the run to the shark and headed out at the tide change....

Near the entrance of the shark river, we found the some strong clean moving water..

Then it was game on 7 reds, some on gulps, some on shrimp, and some on lady fish chunks.....

We found several monster snook that we could not stop......no trout to speak of, a few large jacks, and only one catfish :)

BTW, here is the road conditions into flamingo.....

I am writing a letter to Senator Marco Rubio....this is a disgrace !!!!!  With all the stimulus money passing around,  why do we have to stand for this type of road conditions ?

As stated by many on the various forums, if you are not aware, you can destroy a trailer...the road signs say 45 ???? REALLY ???   

I drove in and out again at 20-25 mph over the 7 miles of this road conditions.

687545825_flamingoday-2.thumb.jpg.3245b799f9458fec939603c2b2a36a53.jpg1323415511_flamingoday-3-2.thumb.jpg.07d0eca84cf8da2db4a6e23535dd73ae.jpg

• Like 2

Sounds like a great day! Except for that road. The bite in Flamingo isn’t good enough right now to punish your boat & trailer just to get there. 👎🏻 

It’s been so quiet in Choko all week. The most boats I saw on the water in a day was 3. Snook fishing is still spectacular! 

7 hours ago, conocean said:

The bite in Flamingo isn’t good enough right now to punish your boat & trailer just to get there

Something different Paul.....

I don't mind the road enough NOT to go....i only drive 20-25 mph and stay in the center.....super slow at any transitions....

I figured that I'll leave you to your Harem of Girls in Choko for a while :)

Back at it soon :)

Plus, is there anything better than a Dion's chicken breast for breakfast at 0600 ???

dc