Ultimate 10K Machine

Strongly considering selling my PF.  All of my fishing buddies have upgraded their CCs to bigger rigs and nobody has a boat for skipping around the skinny waters between Naples and the Keys.  My PF has been decent but it’s not the ultimate setup for the glades.  I know the older MAs are great boats but there aren’t many to choose from.  What else in the more modern options is there to chose from?  In short, if you could buy one boat for the 10K, what would it be?  Consider day trips and overnight/camping.  

Would likely just be two but could haul 3 on occasions.  Have family that will be moving to the Keys(Marathon-Islamorado) that will have a larger boat for offshore and diving.  Could get a decent inshore/backwater boat to compliment that and leave it there for extended periods.  

Would like to stay in the MHP-C lineup.  The HPX 18v is a good option but wondering if the old MAs or something comparable would be best for those rough days?  Was in Hon's boat over Christmas and there was a little slop in the back but the boat did fine.  We were running pretty light, too.  

4 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

HPX 18V

HB Marquessa

dc

X2 on these ^^

The new 2021 model Redfisher 16 looks very good as well, if you are looking for a brand new boat.  Whichever one you add to your short list, be sure to take a test ride in that model, before you take it home.

4 hours ago, rubble said:

The HPX 18v is a good option but wondering if the old MAs or something comparable would be best for those rough days?

Old MA- 18 would be the one you would want for 3 people comfortably....

The MA17 is "OK" for 3....

FOR HPX v $25K will get you into a late model - say 2009 to 12....depending on how it's rigged.

With 3 you'll need a min of 115hp

DC

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Is he in the 18 or 17?

dc

He was running an HPX 17 V2.   He's in a 17 Carbon Kevlar now.  His other boat was fine.  Would be great but would be tight with 3 and a load.  

Old boat.  

44602277_10160918477420371_8612577633814

I think I'd lean towards a MA18 but really don't want to have to do a lot of work to one. Guess it may be more in my price range, tho.  Are there other options out there that have newer models that are comparable to the MA?  Maybe even outside of the MHP lineup?  Hate to ask that on this forum but if I'm looking for a MA in a 2010 or newer version, that would probably put me in a different brand of a similar boat.