Water quality report

I fish between the causeways frequently.  One cove could be dirty but the next one down on the same side is clear.   Clean water has been holding good fish.  I have not had much luck in the murky zones.  The summer rains definitely engaged the runoff and algae bloom.  It was really nice to have clean water and beautiful turtle grass for a prolonged period of time.  Hope the grass hangs around.

• Like 1

Crossing 528 and 520...  have to repeat posted above.

"It's pretty disheartening to cross the bridge midday and see how many different

colors the water is, none of them the color it's supposed to be."    

Fished Banana near 528 other morning.  Found a few places I would sort of see the bottom in 2'.  Overall ugly water.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, johnd said:

Crossing 528 and 520...  have to repeat posted above.

"It's pretty disheartening to cross the bridge midday and see how many different

colors the water is, none of them the color it's supposed to be."    

Fished Banana near 528 other morning.  Found a few places I would sort of see the bottom in 2'.  Overall ugly water.

As bad as it was, the drought really helped our area(river wise). We really need this rain to lighten up and hopefully the grass can try and reroot again. Seems like it gets worse and worse every year for the grass and fishing. Like you said, none of the colors are what it should be.

• Like 1