Bleach in plumbing

CRC

Brought boat back from FL got it in warehouse and smelled something bad. Had a couple shrimp hitch hike to NJ caught in live well plumbing. Flushed good got 2 out, anyone know if it's safe to plug from bottom and let bleach and water sit to get rid of smell and whats left in there? Or will it damage the plastic? Thanks.

Brought boat back from FL got it in warehouse and smelled something bad. Had a couple shrimp hitch hike to NJ caught in live well plumbing. Flushed good got 2 out, anyone know if it's safe to plug from bottom and let bleach and water sit to get rid of smell and whats left in there? Or will it damage the plastic? Thanks.

Anything you use now will kill future shrimp...

I am of the opinion...use some salt water and scrub and keep adding and draining water.....

I've heard too many stories of people soaping a live well and bait dies for numerous trips....

dc

I agree. Bleach was poured down the standpipe hole where they were trapped. I'm not letting the bleach sit in the actual live well. It's filled from standpipe hole to the exit above running pad in transom--- is what it is now I guess been 48 hrs. Couldn't deal w smell.

Archived