Lowrance HDS 7 in 2200v

civilized

Anyone know where I can find the best deal on an HDS 7 for a 2200v? I am told the Gen2 and Gen3 will work with the stock transducer in the hull, just won't have a water temp. read out. I think I want the Gen3 due to the manual buttons as opposed to fewer buttons and a touch screen on the Gen2. I don't want to get my screen all fishy when I am trying to use the unit. Anyone have any ideas on where to find the best deal on one?

BOE marine is usually tough to beat on pricing. There are some insane deals on gen 2's right now. A lot of folks have made the same comment about getting the screen messy... I have a gen 3 and never use the buttons.... ive yet to have my screen get messy so food for thought. The only reason I went gen 3 was so I wouldn't have to use the sonar box to run CHIRP and SS at the same time, but now thru a software updates they've added that capability and its almost identical the 2's are almost identical to the 3's

I'm about to pull the trigger on the HDS9 for our 2008. Going with the 2nd gen since the only difference I see is the ability to use the wifi and of course the buttons. I can't believe that the old shoot thru would work as the new one has the down scan and duel frequency option. The best price I can find is directly from Lowrance which I believe also gives you an extra year of warranty.

I did measure and the 9 will fit.

• 2 months later...

This is spot on!

Haven't posted in a while, but still read.......

Just purchased a HDS 7 Gen 2 Touch. Tried using the existing in hull transducer. Big Mistake. First thing, it is mounted too far forward and gets air bubbles and I have lost signal since new. Second, quality is not near as good as later generation transducers. Generic 200 transducer was what Lowrance suggested to use. Lowrance also said the PD-WBL transducer would be the best to use. Reading here, I did what HOBO said and epoxied it on the starboard side about 6 inches from the drain hole and about 2-3 inches from the centerline of the hull, starboard. Works great. Clean signal and much better resolution than the older 200 GHz transducer. It was worth all the effort it took to pull a new wire, sand and epoxy the new transducer in. No Doubt the best way!

Archived