Cooler slide out

rip-a-lip

I have had one for a few years now and like it. Especially when the cooler is full, it helps to make it easier to pull out. If you search, you may find more comments. This topic has been asked in the past. Some like it, some don't. I think that some had issues with the slide actually being easy to slide.

Good luck.

I have it and you really need to put some white silicon grease on the slides with the cooler out..or at least I did. It does not slide that easily and in my boat, you have to sit on the back deck, use one hand to pull the latching pin out and the other hand to pull the cooler out. Such a PIA, that Pathfinder doesn't even offer it as an option anymore.

I have looked all over for one that you could operate with your foot to release, haven't found anything that I thought would be an improvement. I keep a Yeti 75 under my leaning post and it will stay in place without a strap and slide if you side down and tug, so I have just learned to live with it. I can reach in and open just enough to grab a drink, if I can find what I want by feel. Ideally I'd like to have one, Birdsall makes one that is the closest fit i have found, but i don't have any actual experience with it, just looked.

Like someone said, this subject has been hashed over many times. Before I'd pay for a slide and put more holes in the floor, I'd attach some starboard or synthetic wood (available at home improvement stores) to the bottom of the cooler. It will slide very easily with one hand. Another thing that will help is to add a handle to the front of the cooler. Anther thing to consider is; is there room between the seat and rear deck to pull the cooler out and open the lid. I have to stand to one side and pull my cooler out because there is not enough room between the seat and the rear deck for the cooler and my feet.

• 2 weeks later...

Have the factory installed Engel with starboard slides. cooler is great and keeps ice for days. Need to keep track clean and spray with silicon to keep slide action smooth. Good luck!

As guys noted, drawbacks of cooler under leaning post are clearances- my cover hits post so loading bags of ice and getting out baits are a PIA and almost a two person job!

Had a cooler slide on a 2002 Robalo. It was factory installed. did not have a pin release, just a lever release and worked flawlessly for the three years I owned the boat. I don't know the company who bought Robalo is still using the same slide but if you have a dealer near by you might want to ask. They are also producing a bay boat and may have adapted the old slide to that.

Archived