Ideas for Front Step on 22V

Mike45q

Hi

Have any of you creative folks out there come up with a way to add a step up to front deck. As my wife and I get older the front deck seems to get higher. I see that the newer boats like the Pathfinder 23 HPS have it in the design of the boat. Any ideas out there.

Thanks

Mike

there was a thread on this same subject a few months ago. majority of answers as I recall were to have a step made from starboard. as you live on the cape, I would take it to brian at action welding. if you can think it, he can do it.

on his new website you can explain what you want, send a pic/drawing and he will send you a quote.

Hi

Have any of you creative folks out there come up with a way to add a step up to front deck. As my wife and I get older the front deck seems to get higher. I see that the newer boats like the Pathfinder 23 HPS have it in the design of the boat. Any ideas out there.

Thanks

Mike

I would consider something like a folding seat foot rest...as mentioned, any good welder can make one with a folding arm and secure to the bulkhead and then have a little good that drops down.

dc

If you want a step to the front deck, I'd suggest making the step to fill the whole area from side to side, like the 23 hps. This would eliminate any chance of missing the step while ascending or descending. Is the floor solid in that area or is there a hatch in the floor that you need to access.

on a 2200v 03 the floor is solid no hatch on deck unless a mod. has been made. agree that the step should go from side to side in front of the step up and allow enough depth to step up and down safely.

Exactly!!!! the step should be at least 12" deep and about half the height of the distance between the floor and the deck. You could even put a door on the front of the step for extra storage.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived