Covercraft Block It 380 Cab Area Truck Cover For Sale: $125

Big Dave

Gray, three layer, non-woven, all-weather truck cab cover. Highly water resistant, dust resistant, UV resistant. Blocks dust, dirt and other debris from getting in while allowing moisture to escape. Will also help prevent those pesky vulture vandals from eating the rubber seals around your truck’s windows while you’re out fishing in the Everglades National Park. Custom fit for Ram 1500 Crew Cab. New price was about $250. $125 local South Florida pickup. DM me if you have questions or would like to buy the cover. Thanks for looking.

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 6.20.02 PM.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shallowminded6 said:

Misread the OP. Sorry about that. Thats crazy never heard of that before. GLWS 

Oh yeah, those buzzards are nuts over that rubber.   They tore the hell out of a buddy of mine's new Tundra at the Chassohowitzka river down in FL.   Hit him a few different times, if I remember.   Not sure why they do it down there, but never heard of it happening anywhere else.   

This issue of Buzzards of eating rubber off of vehicles only started, to my knowledge 8-10 years ago. Here my theory on this; Growing up in South Florida and visiting all of the parks grounds (almost) I have not seen nowhere the amount of rabbits, Opossum, Racoons and general road kill like I had growing up. My thought is the pythons and other snakes not native to the area, have eaten so much wildlife they just aren't around like they use to be. Is it getting better, well they just caught a new record for a python this week, it was 18' 8 or 9" long?!! The rubber must have an odor that those ugly suckers can smell! Don't know if treating the rubber with some sort of protectant will prevent it? 

That being said, I know what will prevent it for sure; Buy Dave's cover and protect you're rubber!

• Like 1

Was a problem 20 years ago in Flamingo. A friend's truck was chewed while we were out fishing for the day.  Have the same problem with them at a particular ramp and at certain parking lots at the Kennedy Space Center (vulture capital of the world) here in east central florida. No pythons this far north. They will also destroy flat roofs on buildings. Not sure why they take up residence in certain locations.

Anyone parking in ENP needs this cover. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...