Side scan upgrade

whichwaysup

I would bet mounting in the top of the pocket is a guaranty it will not work while running.

Dale have you seen the new TotalScan transducer? Both transducers in one. Looks to be a bit narrower, might not be as obtrusive. Think it works with Gen3

Check this out. http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-electronics-forum/507480-my-lss2-mount-ok.html

I would bet mounting in the top of the pocket is a guaranty it will not work while running.

Dale have you seen the new TotalScan transducer? Both transducers in one. Looks to be a bit narrower, might not be as obtrusive. Think it works with Gen3

Check this out. http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-electronics-forum/507480-my-lss2-mount-ok.html

I would bet that that mount shown in the pocket will be at least partially blocked on the right side de to how close it is the end of the pocket. It would have a better chance of the sonar beam clearing that side if it were mounted in the center of the pocket. Pocket mounts will definitely cause them not to work when on plane not a big deal but contrary to popular belief SS doies work at high speeds.. pics are not as good as when going slow on my HDS gen 3 works well enough to see prominent bottom structure.

Just some info on the Totalscan ducer.... it currently WILL NOT work on NSS or HDS. Navico is supposed to be sending out a software update so it will but who knows when.

For extra info, I have two separate transducers, one high speed regular transom mount for traditional sonar and a downvu sidevu transducer that is mounted center of pocket. Does not read at speed on plane but that's not when I want to use that feature anyway. Works great with no blockage at idle speeds and while on trolling motor. Just adding some insight for multiple transducer if that is the setup you all may install.

Matt

Archived