Fishing pole shortage !

THE OUTLAW

On 10/15/2020 at 6:20 AM, Bamaskeet said:

No fishing rods at Bass Pro because all they buy is Chinese crap.

This must be the case. The local tackle shop in Tallahassee has full inventory. Also, st croix sent an email for 20% off their discontinued models.  I don’t see any type of rod shortage where I shop. 
Kevin’s sells online also, so look there if you can’t find what you want 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 6:16 AM, East Coast Dave said:

Dropped off a Star rod for warranty coverage at my local bait and tackle probably in March or April. They said due to COVID they are waiting for them to ship. Go just down the road to Daytona Beach Shores and they have tons of inventory. I went ahead used as an excuse to buy a couple more rods. It’s crazy. The Star rep use to switch them out within a week or two “back in the old days”.  Can’t wait for things to get back to normal. 

Update....

I got the call yesterday that my rod was in!   I went to the local shop and they had what I would guess a couple hundred “warranty” Star Rods. The older gentleman  was apologetic, which was unnecessary, but he said  a lot of people have been given them a really hard time about how long it has taken.   This is the crazy  new world we live in.  

On 10/15/2020 at 7:03 AM, Shallowminded6 said:

This^^^
I was in Tampa on Tuesday and went to Tampa Fishing Outfitters. Loaded with rods, reels and everything. Really nice store for those in Tampa. Prices seemed really fair as well. 

SSHHH, Don't be tellin' everyone! LOL

Me and my son shop their as well as Gator Jim's tackle in St Pete. Both seem to be fully stocked.