Correcting fighting lady yellow ghosting

General disarray

Hey all,

I am looking to replace my worn 2003 Pathfinder logo and am well aware the discoloration between exposed/non-exposed gel coat is going to be quite different. My question is if I wet sand to remove the ghosting I assume that will be wet sanding the bulk of the boat to match the darker color behind the sticker not the darker to lighter correct?

26 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

The protected gel coat is behind the decal yes. So you will have to try to buff the rest of the boat to match the areas that has been covered. But don’t be surprised to see that no amount of buffing will make the gel coat match the ghosting.  

And that’s exactly what I am afraid of. Embarking on that to find that out.

Im wondering how others were able to get there right with the newer logo.

6 hours ago, General disarray said:

Exactly. I am super OCD that it needs to look perfect. I am leaning away from this project and more towards replace the old OEM logo with a new color

You can create a custom logo with whatever background you might like to compliment the boat, e.g. light white with black letters, or some other combination...this way, the ghosting will be completely covered by the new, larger logo....if this makes sense....

dc

4 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

You can create a custom logo with whatever background you might like to compliment the boat, e.g. light white with black letters, or some other combination...this way, the ghosting will be completely covered by the new, larger logo....if this makes sense....

dc

That’s a solid idea too. I’m actually semi ok just replacing but I really wanted to do the new embossed logo