Jump to content

Motor controls conduit


Recommended Posts

I've see that stuff at West Marine and many hardware stores. You can buy the stuff that is split (the long way) and is really quick to install. You have to use zip-ties like someone did on your hydraulic steering tubes. But, if it were mine, I'd buy the solid stuff like the original and plan a whole day of work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


"I need to replace the plastic conduit for the motor controls"

      Its called Rigging Hose,  comes in 2"  and  2.5"   It is not split nor should it be.  You can find it in 4' lengths or longer. Boat shops that do rigging carry it if you want to get it local.  When I replaced mine I just disconnected everything from the motor removed the old, replaced with the new. The rigging hose screws or twist into the flange in the splash well. 

https://www.boatownerswarehouse.com/product_p/thmarine-rig-flange-hose.htm  or   https://www.westmarine.com/buy/sierra--outboard-rigging-hose-kit--13480967                             probably what you have in black

  https://www.hardin-marine.com/c-2260-rigging-hose.aspx    More high end.....

The smaller plastic cover you have covering your steering hoses is called Split Loom Tubing | Polyethylene LOOM. It is split and comes in many sizes. It is normally used to protect and organize wiring.  Example.....



  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...