2001 2400v 225hp

• 10 months later...

With the F250 I ran a Power Tech OFX4R- 21P. My 2400V with the F250 would run 53 MPH @5500 RPM . The boat would actually run faster ( closer to 58 MPH ) with a 3 blade prop, but it didn’t have enough stern lift with that heavy F250 on back. 

Overall, the boat just handled better with the 4 blade prop. 

On the 200 HPDI, I ran a Power Tech 3R - 19 and she would run about 44 MPH @ 5800 RPM. 

That 2400V was a great boat.....I probably should have never sold her. 

Currently have a 2200 XL with F150.... running a Power Tech OFX4-R - 17....and runs 43 MPH @ 5600 RPM

For me, I cruise around 3600 RPM and the 4 blade props just seem to lift the boat better than the 3’s. We seldom get a chance here on beaches of South Georgia to run WOT... so my speed days are behind me.  Good luck, JJ

• Like 1

Thank you jj. I have been recommended the OFX4R-21 before and that's the way I've been leaning. Currently running a Yamaha M-25 prop and can't get more than 41 MPH out of her at 4600 RPM or so. Hoping that a pitch drop will help with that.

I'm in South Georgia also but I still like my speed when I can use it!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PGolz said:

Thank you jj. I have been recommended the OFX4R-21 before and that's the way I've been leaning. Currently running a Yamaha M-25 prop and can't get more than 41 MPH out of her at 4600 RPM or so. Hoping that a pitch drop will help with that.

I'm in South Georgia also but I still like my speed when I can use it!

You definitely can get another 1000 maybe 1200 RPM out of that motor with a different prop. Call Marcus at Power Tech Props and he will help you for sure. JJ

• Like 1