Any remarks on this rod

fin-addict

Son just got two Falcon inshore xg rods. 7’    8-17.  Med.  fast taper. Likes the wt and how it pairs up with his new Quantum 30 Vapers.  Very lite, Well balanced. Not spooled up yet. Has the split grip cork handle not the full grip. Says it’s very wippy at the tip, buggy like. Pd. 87. I think. Anyone knows about Falcon and this model. Replies appreciated. 😀👍️Fin

D1B6FF07-B686-4DEF-8916-187BEC61A47A.jpeg

• Like 1

That’s funny I’ve been looking at Falcon rods lately. They seem to one of the few manufacturers that have inventory. I prefer full cork handles but good luck with them. Maybe you can give us an update sometime and let us know how you like them. Crowder, Loomis and Shimano are currently hard to come by. I do like my Star rods and their reasonable price point but was looking at Falcons too.

I use the Falcon Low Rider salt water series in spin and really like them.....also have several Falcon SR BuCoo in cast and like them as well.

using spinners Shimano Stradic 2500’s and Abu Garcia low profile Inshore bait caster on BuCoo. Very satisfied. I use FINS 12 lb braid with fluorocarbon 10#   leaders on both. I’m happy with their performance. JMO, JJ

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GlennF said:

That’s funny I’ve been looking at Falcon rods lately. They seem to one of the few manufacturers that have inventory. I prefer full cork handles but good luck with them. Maybe you can give us an update sometime and let us know how you like them. Crowder, Loomis and Shimano are currently hard to come by. I do like my Star rods and their reasonable price point but was looking at Falcons too.

I will keep you updated. He switched from Star to Falcon due to availability and wanted something different. Understand the low riders are really nice rods as are the BuCoos. 

• Like 1

All my inshore rods are Falcon Coastal Xgs. I have been very happy with them.  I have  SS-7Ms    SS-76Ms   and  SS-8Ms.  Mine are all full cork handles. I have many guest fish with me of  different levels of skill. Mostly They use my Falcon rods. They love them. Great rods for the money. 

• Like 2