Bourbon Smell In F150-HOw TO Remove

Wanaflatsfish

Yesterday my buddy Chris gave me a bottle of high end bourbon as a gift for taking him fishing in Chokoloskee.

we placed the bottle in the back seat and the cork blew out of the bottle and spilled nearly a 5th on back seat.

It was not that hot of a day, but, it appeared to pop out....Good news, Total wine replaced the bottle after we went by on the way back...

Bad news, my new truck smells like a bad weekend when we were in college.

Any ideas or suggestions?  

I"ve been googling remedies and it appears that baking powder is the recommended along with damp rid and charcoal.

Or, do I call it a day and put in an insurance claim.

DC

spill some milk in there and let that stew for a hot couple hours, bourbon smell gone!xD  I apologize, I have nothing constructive to say about your predicament.  I would try steam cleaning the area first if the back seat is cloth, if it's leather, I got nothing.

Removing the seat could be an option also so you're not driving around in a vehicle smelling like an open container.

On a side note, I need to send my fishing passengers to whatever etiquette school your friend went too, I'll get a cheap lunch out of them at best. LOL.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I can think of is a small bottle of Doe estrogen. My son broke a bottle of that putting it in the back compartment of my ram. It took a year to get that smell down to a tolerable level. Note to others: Never let your son say Hey dad try this as he quickly starts spraying you with a product called “ Buck Bomb” ! #1 I’m to old to be called a “ Buck #2 You can’t see any deer with tears coming in buckets. #3 EVERY mosquito in the woods will find you. #4 It takes multiple multiple showers to get this smell off of you! But it Will get the smell of bourbon out!

Update...it's beginning to go away....the smell

I invited several friends and we took turns licking the seat the first day.....I served crackers and cheese as well.

I used baking soda and Zep pet order killer

I then followed up with industrial carpet and upholstery cleaner.

I work in Downtown Miami and we have a large garage.....we are right across from the port and I leave the windows in the truck open during the day and we have a great ocean breeze...it all seems to be helping.

DC

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Update...it's beginning to go away....the smell

I invited several friends and we took turns licking the seat the first day.....I served crackers and cheese as well.

I used baking soda and Zep pet order killer

I then followed up with industrial carpet and upholstery cleaner.

I work in Downtown Miami and we have a large garage.....we are right across from the port and I leave the windows in the truck open during the day and we have a great ocean breeze...it all seems to be helping.

DC

Yep -  that is a surefire way of getting rid of the smell.   You wont' have a vehicle either, but definitely no smell . . .